Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Missed a class at school today because my alarm didn't go off. Found it was indeed because my system sound was on the left. What ahorrible idea. The alarm needs to go off wether your in vibrate mode or not. There needs to be a separate slider for things like this. I'm not impressedd with the overall customisation (sp) of the phone for things like this..
    Typed on my pre, excuse my poor grammar.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    So I have the same issue where my alarm will go prompt on time however it doesn't make any audible noise. From what I've figured out if I hook up a music aux cable it occasionally messes with the pre's speaker. It still plays music and has speaker phone but doesn't generate notification noise.

The only solution I've found is to restart the phone and the notification noise comes back. I suspect that's the root of some of the alarm issues.
    My 4 alarms have gone off ever single day since I got the phone on release date.

In other words, no problems here!
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    iJaculate somewhere else
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Mine works 99% of the time. Every once in awhile it won't work for some reason. I read the leaked 1.2 notes fix the problem though.
    Number of Pre's in household: 2, one for my wife and one for myself.
    Follow me on Twitter @Nhyde
    Mine has worked great since I got the phone, however I will be setting up an extra alarm now just in case.
    I have no confidence in the alarm. Many misses and I sometimes find my Pre locked up in the morning.
    This started happening to mine. I am pretty sure it is a Homebrew conflict as it started sometime after a number of Homebrew installations and deletions. If true, it is my fault since those apps could be calling or modifying the use of APIs use for the Alarm. Anyone having trouble that hasn't "rooted" their Pre and/or FilieCoastered in apps from the HB section?
    It's a bug, you have to go into the alarm app and turn off and then back on the alarm
    you'll then see a notification at the bottom, only when that notification is there ive found, is when the alarm will go off
    Quote Originally Posted by imradman View Post
    Mine worked the first couple of weeks and I used to be able to wake up to it. Then I started waking up late and I thought I was just sleeping through it. Now that I test it, there is no sound, only the sign that the alarm should either be dismissed or snoozed.
    ugh, mine was working fine until yesterday- exact same symptons as yours- appears to work, as notification to dismiss or snooze comes up. but no sound. and yes, volume is up...

Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    It's a bug, you have to go into the alarm app and turn off and then back on the alarm
    you'll then see a notification at the bottom, only when that notification is there ive found, is when the alarm will go off
    mine used to work fine, regardless of icon...
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    That's what I thought at first but did some experimenting while my Treo stood by as backup alarm. I always swipe away the notification. I've put away my Treo now. My alarm has never failed since launch day (knock on wood). I also now have tweaks and homebrews installed. Alarm still hasn't failed. I have one alarm for weekdays and one for weekends - I've never touched these since I set them up the first day (just changed the sounds sometimes). I also use a one time alarm once in awhile also without fail - just remember to set this one the day before.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PoundSand View Post
    ugh, mine was working fine until yesterday- exact same symptons as yours- appears to work, as notification to dismiss or snooze comes up. but no sound. and yes, volume is up...
    mine used to work fine, regardless of icon...
    got mine working again- i had tried rebooting, and also deleting all the alarms then adding them back in, but that didn't work.

after i deleted the alarms, rebooted, then added the alarms, they're working again.
    if you have silent switch it will mess up ur alarms ha ha ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    if you have silent switch it will mess up ur alarms ha ha ha ha
    actually it doesn't. alarm works w/ silent switch on.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I just got my Pre over the weekend, love it!
    My alarm went off fine this morning but the sound came up even with system sound set to vibrate. I would like to just have it vibrate if that is an option. There is also no option (that I see) to change the snooze time, that would be a nice option as well. I do not have any home brew app's installed or anything (still a bit squeamish), just the factory app's and some from the app catalog.
    I looked through the manual and searched around here for some options, but didn't seem to find anything. Of course, I could simply be missing it.
    My alarm worked great until two days ago...and then it stopped making noise. The notification still popped up...but without an audible alert...which means I keep sleeping. Not good.

I was doing nothing different in terms of the alarm. My volume was cranked, the mp3-based song was still there, the alarm was set to daily, blah, blah, blah...and it sucks since I have really started to rely on this thing to wake up.

So, what did I do two days ago? Installed WebOS Quick Install and used it to set to tweaks.

Until then, I just did my hacking by hand...but I decided to try this thing out...and it worked great...but then alarms stopped working. No matter what I did to try and fix the alarm issue, the alarms would not work.

I just now went into the WebOS Quick Install app and selected uninstall all tweaks....and rebooted. At 12:31 AM, I set an alarm for 12:35 am...and guess what? It worked. I then rebooted again to get out of dev mode and tried another test...and it worked again.

Now I am sure that whoever wrote the WebOS Quick Install is shaking their head saying, "none of the JSJSJS $that$ $I$ $replace$ $goes$ $near$ $the$ $alarm$ $JS$&$quot$;...$and$ $they$ $would$ $be$ $even$ $more$ $surprised$ $if$ $they$ $knew$ $that$ $the$ $only$ $two$ $tweaks$ $that$ $I$ $installed$ $were$ &$quot$;$roam$ $only$&$quot$; $and$ &$quot$;$email$ $delete$ $all$ / $mark$ $all$ $read$&$quot$;...$but$ $I$ $undid$ $them$ $and$ $things$ $work$ $again$.

Go figure. Perhaps a false correlation, but I bet that I will be waking up on time tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quick solution, guys and gals: if you notice your alarm is failing to go off on the timers you've set, restart the phone. It should then work accurately. Doing this fixed mine and I now receive alerts with sound.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    The sad part is that even when my alarm does work properly, the fact the pre doesn't keep time accurately makes it go off at the wrong time. After being on all night the time on my pre is usually 30minutes ahead. I'd really like to see them fix that bug as well.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mscemt View Post
    The sad part is that even when my alarm does work properly, the fact the pre doesn't keep time accurately makes it go off at the wrong time. After being on all night the time on my pre is usually 30minutes ahead. I'd really like to see them fix that bug as well.
    Yeah I'm a little disturbed that the Pre isn't doing a good job of keeping the alarm going. Hopefully it's addressed in 1.2.
    missed my alarm this morning for the first time since the first few weeks of getting the phone on launch day... no audio went off, i noticed there were 3 notifications in the dashboard, (the alarm icon, calendar appointment, and email). i also heard 2 vibrations in the morning while i was sleeping. 2 quick short ones, not sure what they were, could have been the notifications or alarms. either way my alarm ringtone didnt go off.

major bummer, was late for work by an hour... looks like im going back to restarting the phone every night before i go to sleep and then setting the alarm again.

seems like the major functions of what a cellphone is used for (calling & alarm)...the pre is really having problems with those. (on another note calling has been hectic, the sound is cutting in and out for calls i make/receive. i have to jiggle the slider around or use variable pressure holding the fone against my ear to get it to work). the software is just unreliable
    Just curious if anyone's noticed the alarms working correctly or not, post-1.2 So far i've noticed my alarm going off consistantly the last few days but I forgot to pay attention to it after I updated so I can't say with any certainty that it was fixed by it.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast