Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Ive installed a lot of homebrew apps on my pre, including the tether. Tonight, i tried rooting the pre, which i am pretty sure worked successfully. Now, my pre isnt being recognized as a usb when it put it in usb mode. However, once i reboot my computer, it seems to work fine as a usb, until i remove it, and plug it back in.. after the first time working as USB, it no longer recognizes it. Now that i think about it, i am not even sure if the issue happened after i rooted it, but it is still a recent developement nonetheless. I am using vista x64 ultimate edition. Has anyone else had this issue? if so, any help would be appreciated. I checked the device manager, and there were no yellow exclamations of any kind to be found...

anyways, i could use some help. So far i love this phone, but i am a little concerned about this issue.
    I haven't had this issue yet and I do a bit of webOS development with my Vista x64 Ultimate box.

Could be related to rooting but it's hard to say. The only way you'll know for sure is if you do a full erase (something you probably don't want to do). You could also try uninstalling the Palm driver, restart and let it reinstall itself.
    The until you remove it and plug it back in thing, seems reminiscent of an issue I have with the USBNet driver. It won't work the first time I plug it in to my work PC, but will after. Try disabling the "Linux Ethernet Device" or whatever its called in the device manager on your PC, and see if USB drive mode works then.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    The until you remove it and plug it back in thing, seems reminiscent of an issue I have with the USBNet driver. It won't work the first time I plug it in to my work PC, but will after. Try disabling the "Linux Ethernet Device" or whatever its called in the device manager on your PC, and see if USB drive mode works then.
    sounds like a reasonable suggestion.. ill try it and let you know what happens.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    well.. ive tried disabling the device.. and im running into another problem. The device manager seems to be taking an awfully long time to disable the RNDIS device(pre as tether) and even freezes up. i dont think it is a system issue, as i just recently(less than a week ago) reinstalled my OS from scratch(added a new HDD) if it helps, here are my system specs:

AMD phenom II 940 black
    asus m3n-ht mobo
    8 GB GSkill ram
    evga gtx 260ssc edition
    1 TB seagate barracudda
    1TB WD Caviar Green
    Thermaltake Armor + full tower w/LCS