1.    #1  
    I just got a mail-in replacement for my Pre that came with dead pixels and a bad screen. Since the new phone didn't come with a battery, I pulled it out of my old phone and put it in my new one. I then followed the steps to activate the new phone, and I signed in with my palm account.

It gave me a message that it was syncing everything, and then it rebooted. When it did, I noticed that it had installed all of my apps, but my contacts, calendar, etc, were all completely gone!

What do I do! I need these contacts ASAP!
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Yep, Been there. I don't trust the Palm Backup either. It's a brilliant idea, but since there's no way to view you backed up contacts, there's no way to even know if the thing's working. I got burned with no contacts to restore either. For now I'm using the Mark Space's Missing Sync which seems to kinda work, but takes forever and doesn't keep contact pictures.
  3.    #3  
    So...now what? Am I out all of my contacts? Or are they still on my old phone, or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooldino View Post
    So...now what? Am I out all of my contacts? Or are they still on my old phone, or what?
    They should still be on your old phone, as long as you didn't wipe it. They are saved internally on memory.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooldino View Post
    I just got a mail-in replacement for my Pre that came with dead pixels and a bad screen. Since the new phone didn't come with a battery, I pulled it out of my old phone and put it in my new one. I then followed the steps to activate the new phone, and I signed in with my palm account.

It gave me a message that it was syncing everything, and then it rebooted. When it did, I noticed that it had installed all of my apps, but my contacts, calendar, etc, were all completely gone!

What do I do! I need these contacts ASAP!

+1. It happened to me as well.. Wish there was a way to see what was actually back up to the Palm Profile.
    Reactivate your old pre back on to your sprint account.

Open up contacts and run a sync now with your google account

When done, activate the new pre, and sync your google contacts

Done
    I would assume syncing with Google instead of, or in addition to, the Palm profile would eliminate the possibility of this problem. At least that way, you can see what's there and what's not.
  8.    #8  
    But will synching with Google pull over everything? My notes, my calendar, my contacts, etc?

Also, is there a third party app I can use to accomplish this and do manual verified backups on a PC?
  9.    #9  
    So I re-activated my old phone and I'm re-backing it up via the built-in app, but it's just sitting at "preparing"...
  10.    #10  
    So I reset my old phone a few times, and it eventually asked me to login again. I logged back into my palm profile and then re-"backed up" my information to the cloud (note the quotes).

I have no reactivated my new phone, and have soft reset it several times, but I can't figure out a way to hard reset it or to force it to go into the setup procedure again. How do I do this?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Goggle will back up the Calendar and contacts.
  12.    #12  
    Success!

After resetting it a number of times (this time by holding the power button and switching the ringer switch back and forth 6 times), it finally prompted me to erase the phone upon reboot.

I chose to erase the phone and it gave me the option to login to my phone. Now all is well!
    Glad to hear it. I tend to run the backup twice a day, sometimes three times. This does include the automatic one at 5:30am, though there have been a couple of 5:30 failed backups.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
  14. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Ok before I bought mine I did a final sync wiht my Centro and computer. Then I exported the contacts and calendar and imported into Google. Then I spent two slow workdays combing through to combine every contact and keep the business ones only in the business section and the personal only in the personal.