Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    Hey all I want to get a palm pre but since I am on a family palm I cant get my whole family plan to data( We have 5 lines so we already pay quite a bit ) . I have a rumor 1 and have been living it sucks for 2 years now and really want a nice phone and really wish to get the palm pre. But has anyone here have a palm pre and used it without data. Is there a way to block out Synergy or like just use it via wifi? Do it matter if I get a Refurbished? Any good place to buy one without data other than ebay? For those who wonder what the point of having a web phone without data. I really want a big and powerful phone and really like palm. There nothing on pair with the palm pre with or without data. I like having a good cam with flash, having a good mp3 player(with a2dp). Having threaded messages or having a touch screen.


    Thanks for the help, I also be happy to plus rep anyone who helps.
  2. #2  
    Sprint will not let you purchase or activate a Palm Pre without a data package added to the line. You will have to add one in order to get a Pre.
    <I accidentally the whole pre>

    <Palm Pre Speed Test>

  3. #3  
    And, I don't see the point. It's an internet oriented device... Good Navigation, good email, internet sources integration are his strong points.
  4. vreihen's Avatar
    Posts
    495 Posts
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    #4  
    My Pre came from my employer, on some sort of business plan similar to a family plan. My old phone was an add-on to the account, not the primary phone. In order to buy my Pre, we had to simply juggle the order of the phones on the account to make mine the primary phone with the required data plan. As far as I know, the only price increase was from the upgraded data service on the Pre. You might want to check with Sprint and see if your family plan can be juggled similarly.....
  5. #5  
    vanden9,

    How much is your plan and how many minutes. You can get a 3,000 minute family plan with internet and text on all lines for $169.99 for the first 2 lines then $20 each additional. So that's $229.99 for all 5 lines. If one of your family members works for a company that gets a corporate discount you can get anywhere from 15-25% off that monthly rate.

    You said you paid quite a bit so wasn't sure if you were close to this ballpark.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by i700plus View Post
    Sprint will not let you purchase or activate a Palm Pre without a data package added to the line. You will have to add one in order to get a Pre.
    Not buying it from sprint, I be buying it from ebay or something.

    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    vanden9,

    How much is your plan and how many minutes. You can get a 3,000 minute family plan with internet and text on all lines for $169.99 for the first 2 lines then $20 each additional. So that's $229.99 for all 5 lines. If one of your family members works for a company that gets a corporate discount you can get anywhere from 15-25% off that monthly rate.

    You said you paid quite a bit so wasn't sure if you were close to this ballpark.

    We pay about 120 for 5 lines with 1500 mins and unlimited text messages. So going a 100 bucks for something my dad and mom and sister cant use( since there all on Rumors) would be pointless.

    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    My Pre came from my employer, on some sort of business plan similar to a family plan. My old phone was an add-on to the account, not the primary phone. In order to buy my Pre, we had to simply juggle the order of the phones on the account to make mine the primary phone with the required data plan. As far as I know, the only price increase was from the upgraded data service on the Pre. You might want to check with Sprint and see if your family plan can be juggled similarly.....

    Also I have talked with sprint and they said the whole family must upgrade or I get a new plan by myself.
  7. JKTex's Avatar
    Posts
    376 Posts
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by vanden9 View Post
    Also I have talked with sprint and they said the whole family must upgrade or I get a new plan by myself.
    That's your answer. The Pre and Instinct require an Everything plan.

    A Family Everything is $129 for the 1st 2 lines, $9.99 for each additional. So you'd be in the $160 range + tax/fees but everyone would have everything.

    Or you split off and get a $70/month 450 Everything Data and a Pre.
  8. Zaki's Avatar
    Posts
    158 Posts
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    #8  
    Yeah you're best bet would be to get a separate plan or upgrade for everyone. ^ JKTex: its $129.99 for 1st two lines and $19.99 for each additional line ( I have this plan).
  9. JKTex's Avatar
    Posts
    376 Posts
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaki View Post
    Yeah you're best bet would be to get a separate plan or upgrade for everyone. ^ JKTex: its $129.99 for 1st two lines and $19.99 for each additional line ( I have this plan).
    I could have sworn it was down fro $19.99 to $9.99, and just recently. Dang......I need to invest in Sprint now.
  10. Zaki's Avatar
    Posts
    158 Posts
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    #10  
    haha for the text and basic call plans its $9.99.. data plan its $19.99. Yeah their stock keeps tumbling everyday.

Posting Permissions