1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to go to the next line when writing a text message??? The return key simply send the message (as I would like it to!), but there must be another way to go to the next line.

I searched the forums a bit but couldn't find a solution...
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Try Orange Button + Enter
    Patch Messaging Change "Enter Key" To Create Newline - WebOS Internals

It should only be the last two lines in the when it says comment out for the last part it should only be
    Code:
    /*this.considerForSend();
    			Event.stop(event);*/
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by neural View Post
    Try Orange Button + Enter
    I tried the Orange and Alt keys, neither worked...
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    Time to get VIRAL
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Patch Messaging Change "Enter Key" To Create Newline - WebOS Internals

It should only be the last two lines in the when it says comment out for the last part it should only be
    Code:
    /*this.considerForSend();
    			Event.stop(event);*/
    Is there a way of doing it outside of routing the Pre???
    Time to get VIRAL
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I would like to apply this patch, but don't know how to use a VI editor, only the terminal. I'm on a Mac. Can anyone help?

Also... I would like to have the enter key do carriage return only since I always send by accident. I was also like the option to get rid of the little send button (the paper airplane) since I accidently hit that too. Maybe orange+return to send.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMium View Post
    I would like to apply this patch, but don't know how to use a VI editor, only the terminal. I'm on a Mac. Can anyone help?
    vi runs in the terminal window. Just type "vi file.ext" in the terminal and it will run, in the terminal. webosinternals wiki covers all the vi commands you need to know, at least for any of the simple editing you see in the patches around here.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    what do i have to add to this to pull up the directory???

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers

im new to all this....

thnx in advance