1.    #1  
    Any news about the availability of Palm Pre in Europe, in particular in Italy?
    Until a GSM version comes out, the CDMA Pre can't be used in Italy.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    It seems that an italian version of the palm pre won't be available until April 2010 (this is my thought, and the why is the end of fiscal year)
    So sad about that. Until a clear statement about manual APN settings i cannot risk my money.
    Last edited by mastahaze; 10/15/2009 at 10:00 AM.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mastahaze View Post
    It seems that an italian version of the palm pre won't be available until April 2010. not my words but Palm's CEO Rubinstein
    So sad about that. Until a clear statement about manual APN settings i cannot risk my money.
    The clear statement is: you can't modify the APN settings at the moment.
    While the Pres sold in Germany actually can be switched to Italian (and other languages), they can only be activated using a German (preferably O2) SIM-card and after activation only voice services (and WiFi, of course) can be used with non-German SIMs.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...rting-pre.html
    Last edited by dakis; 10/15/2009 at 05:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mastahaze View Post
    It seems that an italian version of the palm pre won't be available until April 2010. not my words but Palm's CEO Rubinstein
    Can you provide a link of Rubinstein saying the Pre won't be available in Italy until April 2010?
    No I actually can't (can't link any, just 1 post)
    I read the news in one of the italian blog around. and there's not the link to "Ruby" words.
    Neither there are words about April. But in the next article about pre, talking the day after there is a word that is "inoltrato", actually means "late" and so, knowing things a little about marketing, I thought that they (palm) first: will almost surely want to close the fiscal year with both us and eu gsm (for some countries),as often happens with those thing, and then, gained a good rhythm on production cycle, release the hw in the remaining. After March there is April.
    I actually beg you all pardon. I'll modify the previous post to point out what I missed earlier.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding, my bad

PS if the pre will be out tomorrow here in Italy I will be more than happy, indeed even more!
    Edited the previous post
    Last edited by mastahaze; 10/15/2009 at 10:02 AM.