1.    #1  
    I ordered the Palm Pre from the Walmart web site yesterday when it still said $99 for the price. On my order it charged me $199 for the phone but there was nothing that mentioned the $100 rebate to make it $99. So I called today and they told me there was no rebate listed for the phone and the price was $199. I kept reiterating what it said on the Walmart web site but she kept telling me the price was $199. The csr I spoke with is going to email her boss to ask about it. Anyone order else order from the Walmart site?
  2. joelpalm
    No, I got my $99 Pre from Best Buy, sorry. No rebate though!
    WalMart sucks. It's the equivalent of paying somebody to outsource your job when you shop there.

/rant
    Quote Originally Posted by tw0053 View Post
    I ordered the Palm Pre from the Walmart web site yesterday when it still said $99 for the price. On my order it charged me $199 for the phone but there was nothing that mentioned the $100 rebate to make it $99. So I called today and they told me there was no rebate listed for the phone and the price was $199. I kept reiterating what it said on the Walmart web site but she kept telling me the price was $199. The csr I spoke with is going to email her boss to ask about it. Anyone order else order from the Walmart site?
    Is the CSR you dealt with Sprint, Palm, or Walmart? Sounds like it's a Walmart issue from your description.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    $199 is after the rebate. Like BB, Walmart takes care of the rebate so you don't have to wait for it.

If there was a Pre legitimately advertised for $99, it would have been plastered here like the Best Buy error was.

If your renewing your contract, call Sprint and ask about the loyalty credit. That $70 will net net the Pre to $129 + tax etc.
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Walmart's online cell service is handled through LetsTalk.com. They were offering the phone for 99 after 100 MIR.
    j just called and got my renewal credit. it took some coaxing but I got it. got my pre for $25.00 due to bestbuymistake and my credit. thanks sprint and bestbuy
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by webdave View Post
    Walmart's online cell service is handled through LetsTalk.com. They were offering the phone for 99 after 100 MIR.
    That what's I ordered and now when I called the number listed on the Walmart web site (I think you end up calling Let's Talk), they told me there was no rebate. And this deal was advertised on several different web sites along with Amazon now selling the Pre for $199.
    Quote Originally Posted by webdave View Post
    According to the LetsTalk website, it is $199 with no rebate.

Palm Pre (Sprint) | LetsTalk.com
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Oh, LetsTalk.com. That was $99 for new customers only. $199 for upgrades.

Their site showed that yesterday.

Were you a brand new customer?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post
    Oh, LetsTalk.com. That was $99 for new customers only. $199 for upgrades.

Their site showed that yesterday.

Were you a brand new customer?
    Yeah I'm a new customer. Right now I have an iPhone on AT&T.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    I don't know what to say. I know I saw it on the Lets Talk site. Someone else had posted about it.

So they're just refusing to acknowledge the $99 deal existed?

Even if you get hosed over it, I think you'll be happy with the Pre. Maybe return it to WM/Letstalk and go to a Sprint store or BB. It won't get you $99 but you won't do business with them, and they won't get the contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post
    $199 is after the rebate. Like BB, Walmart takes care of the rebate so you don't have to wait for it.

If there was a Pre legitimately advertised for $99, it would have been plastered here like the Best Buy error was.

If your renewing your contract, call Sprint and ask about the loyalty credit. That $70 will net net the Pre to $129 + tax etc.
    It wasn't an error it was a deal even listed on Engadget. That price is for new customers only.
    Here's a link to the deal on Engadget (and even has a screen shot):

Palm Pre drops to $99 at LetsTalk online store, for a limited time
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    The deal ended on 8/3 thats probably why you didn't qualify for the rebate. Happen to me too, so I canceled and went to bestbuy. Letstalk seemed a little shady.