Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    No, there is no scientific poll I took. But then again I don't think I need to take a scientific poll to know that business users are a large segment of customers in the mobile market. Furthermore, I don't feel you need a scientific poll to know what basic needs they have. I guess copy and paste could be debated but email and documents is a no brainier. So if you don't use the Pre for business or at least not in a serious way then the ability to find an important emails or edit and create documents might take a back seat for games or fart apps.

My overall logic in why I feel this is important is, the broader appeal the Pre has means more sales. More sales is more revenue to Palm which allows them to invest more into WebOS and the Pre, making all of these better products. And that translates to quicker fixes, more functionality and better experience for all of us. Palm in many ways has been born again, like a fledgling company their need for success (i.e. sales) is great. It will dictate both their short term and long term paths. So maybe some people won't see what's in it for them if the Pre becomes more appealing to the business segment but indirectly it will benefit everyone.
    I think this user is right about the 3 things, not even because they're business imperatives, but because they're things that opinion-makers in the media & blogs focus on. Universal search and cut n' paste were supposed to be two big advances of the Pre, yet the current iphone does them better, and that is embarrassing for the Pre.
    I find it amusing that the iPhone can now do copy and paste better than the Pre. At least the Pre can say "F1RST!", but only by 3 days!
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    1) Actually run remotely as smoothly as the ads show. 4 seconds to open email from scratch. Then 3 seconds to open after tapping on a particular email inbox. Then 3 seconds to open a particular email. Then 2 seconds to go back. It's way too long compared to my old treo.
    2) Fix email to support multi-selection for deletion, flagging as read/unread, etc.
    3) Need a decent quick launcher screen for commonly dialed numbers like the Treo and virtually every other cellphone.
    3.5 The ability to filter which contacts you want synced. I have thousands of business contacts in Exchange that sync from my CRM system that my pre has to go through when I want to find dialing contacts etc.
    Mark F Chinsky
    Quote Originally Posted by mulcher View Post
    1) Actually run remotely as smoothly as the ads show. 4 seconds to open email from scratch. Then 3 seconds to open after tapping on a particular email inbox. Then 3 seconds to open a particular email. Then 2 seconds to go back. It's way too long compared to my old treo.
    2) Fix email to support multi-selection for deletion, flagging as read/unread, etc.
    3) Need a decent quick launcher screen for commonly dialed numbers like the Treo and virtually every other cellphone.
    3.5 The ability to filter which contacts you want synced. I have thousands of business contacts in Exchange that sync from my CRM system that my pre has to go through when I want to find dialing contacts etc.
    1. Your phone takes 3 seconds to open an email inbox? (just timed it....from Email icon press to in my first email reading it was 7 seconds.) It was faster on my blackberry but then again, blackberry's better have easy email options haha.
    2. YES
    3. I think there is a homebrew app that gives oyu this option.
    I'd replace document editing with Calendar Search
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    No, there is no scientific poll I took. But then again I don't think I need to take a scientific poll to know that business users are a large segment of customers in the mobile market. Furthermore, I don't feel you need a scientific poll to know what basic needs they have. I guess copy and paste could be debated but email and documents is a no brainier. So if you don't use the Pre for business or at least not in a serious way then the ability to find an important emails or edit and create documents might take a back seat for games or fart apps.
    I think you make great leap when you assume all business users' needs match yours. I use my Treo heavily for business, and I don't think I've ever created a doc on my Treo, and if I've ever edited one it's rare. For anything longer than an email, I want a real keyboard. So I can easily live without doc editing. In my business, I'm heavily dependent on the calendar app, so having a better calendar, and calendar search, is far more important to me. And the calendar is the main reason I haven't switched to a Pre.

So if I apply your logic, and assume that what's critical to me is critical to all business users, then fixing the calendar should cause Pre sales to skyrocket.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I just times things. Go go from tapping email on the launcher, to bringing up email main menu, to going into the merged Inbox took 17 seconds. Rediculous
    Mark F Chinsky
    I just times things. Go go from tapping email on the launcher, to bringing up email main menu, to going into the merged Inbox took 17 seconds. Rediculous
    It took me less than 5 seconds. But, I tend to keep my inboxes clear.
    My top 3 would be...

~ Notification light for text etc...

~ Make middle button wake device

~ Onscreen Keyboard

In fact if those 3 things got done I would probably consider this device perfect for myself.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Ok, just tried it again. This time, 5 seconds to launch to main screen, and 2 to open the merged inbox. I've seen alot of inconsistant results like this when the thing is doing stuff in the background that slows it down,even when I have cards all close.

I wish there were a 'task manager' equivelent so it were easier to diagnose. When you offer multi-tasking, that almost an essential requirement.
    Mark F Chinsky
    thank god i have had no issues with my phone such as cracked screen, phone shutting off or anything like that

i would love for the phone to be able to forward text messages like any other phone out there such an amazing phone and no capability to forward text messages what is that???

im being patient just for the fact that is such a great phone!!!

another thing that im having issues with is downloading the homebrew program to my apple computer to get the apps on my phone.

can anyone help me put with this issue please

the program installs in my computer and then it tells me that some doctor program needs to be installed and i click to install and nothing happens

PLEASE HELP I WANT TO GET ALL THOSE GREAT APPS LOCATED ON HERE

THANKS!!!!
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Took me less than 3 seconds to do the same...(maybe you need to reboot?)...with almost all of that time spent bringing up the main menu...displaying all the emails after tapping the merged inbox was nearly instantaneous as was opening up an individual email for reading.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    fredc1:

Which email host are you using (i.e. gmail exchange etc). and is it EAS, IMAP4 etc.

I'm trying to narrow down what the hell the problem is.

thanks!
    Mark F Chinsky
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeko318 View Post
    My top 3 would be...

~ Notification light for text etc...

~ Make middle button wake device

~ Onscreen Keyboard

In fact if those 3 things got done I would probably consider this device perfect for myself.
    Middle button does wake the device. Do you mean with the Keyboard shut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Middle button does wake the device. Do you mean with the Keyboard shut?
    Yeah that's what I mean. I don't find need for the keyboard all the time.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I'd replace document editing with Calendar Search
    Let's not "replace" let's add Calendar search as one of the search features to search.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I think you make great leap when you assume all business users' needs match yours. I use my Treo heavily for business, and I don't think I've ever created a doc on my Treo, and if I've ever edited one it's rare. For anything longer than an email, I want a real keyboard. So I can easily live without doc editing. In my business, I'm heavily dependent on the calendar app, so having a better calendar, and calendar search, is far more important to me. And the calendar is the main reason I haven't switched to a Pre.

So if I apply your logic, and assume that what's critical to me is critical to all business users, then fixing the calendar should cause Pre sales to skyrocket.
    If I play the "applying logic" game, what you're telling me is I could take off MS Office or whatever doc software you have running on your PC/laptop and replace it with a view only doc app you'd be ok with it? I don't know of one business user that can live with only viewing documents???

It's not that I have a need to edit and create docs a lot on my Pre, it's that it only takes one critical moment when you really need to edit or create a doc and shoot it back to a customer or potential customer. It's those critical moments that could mean the loss of thousands dollars or more in a deal. I don't think I'm going out on a limb by saying this is a business critical thing. To put it another way, I don't dial 911 all the time but when I do...
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse View Post
    palm fix these 3 things so people can stop making these posts
    +1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12