Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have an online acct. Why is it soo difficult to get XM on my pre?
    I used to have XM but canceled it. It's overrated. Music? There are thousands of online music stations you can listen to (Pandora is the best thing to happen to music, in my opinion). Talk? Plenty of podcasts or other streams out there. Funny? **** Stern and opie & Anthony; they suck. Listen to online personalities like Kidd Chris for funny stuff.

I'm sure it'll come eventually but they'll do the same thing to it like they did with Apple; not make the same items available online available for the phone.

Besides, can't you get XM through Sprint TV?
  3.    #3  
    That was the most useless answer I have ever received. It drives me nuts when someone asks a legitimate question and people respond with rants, never answering the question.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Yes, I really want an xm app or be able to just use the website. Have you contacted xm radio about your issue? I sent them an email from there website.
    XM used to wrap their feeds in a lot of custom **** making it far harder to stream it over something that is not officially supported.

Now that the iPhone has an app for XM I wonder if they have made their feeds more standard and if that could open the door for a simpler Pre application. Anyone with an iPhone want to do some poking around and see what type of stream XM sends?
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mappenzellar View Post
    That was the most useless answer I have ever received.

HA! I was thinking the same thing as I was reading it.

I would like a Sirius app becuase I do like Howard Stern... and the NFL channel.
    Ron and Fez 11-3 XM202, budday!
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    I have Sirius and online accounts. I'd like to see a Sirius/XM app as well.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    I used to have XM but canceled it. It's overrated. Music? There are thousands of online music stations you can listen to (Pandora is the best thing to happen to music, in my opinion).
    I have tried Pandora and it is no XM... especially XM before the merge with Sirius. Pandora is funny. Either it is too limited for the artist I select or it decides to pick bizarre songs it thinks fit into the genre. Songs that do not belong on that "channel."

Slacker is a bit better than Pandora, but old XM was best.

Thankfully someone was able to put into words what I was feeling when I listened to Pandora: http://lefsetz.com/wordpress/index.p...er-vs-pandora/
    Foooooood alright!!!
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I e-mailed them shortly after the Pre came out to see if they were going to be working on an app and at that point in time, they said they had no plans to. Without hijacking this thread, I would like to see us become more organized as a community. I'm sure there are plenty of places that have created apps for the iPhone (i.e. Sirius, Mapmywalk.org, etc...). If we had a standard (and professional) e-mail template that the community could copy and paste into an e-mail to send to the company, I think we might see more movement on their part. If we make it easy (e-mail address and form) then more people would be inclined to send them something and the more people that send something, the more likely we are to see movement.
    Quote Originally Posted by mappenzellar View Post
    That was the most useless answer I have ever received. It drives me nuts when someone asks a legitimate question and people respond with rants, never answering the question.
    Um.. what kind of useful answer did you expect? "Oh, sure thing. It's on the way!"?

I gave you an idea (Sprint TV may have some) and I told you it's probably on its way. You can't get anymore information than that so who cares if I also tell you my opinion and offer alternatives?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgus View Post
    I have tried Pandora and it is no XM... especially XM before the merge with Sirius.
    Kinda funny, to read that, as I have been a Sirius subscriber since it launched, and "my" personal feelings, was that after the XM merger, the quality of Sirius music slid dramatically down!

I do like Pandora, but you have to really work at getting a custom channel to play JUST what you like. What I have done, is added ALL the artists I like to the variety of a channel, and spend a few hours interactivley listening, and when I hear a song I dont like, click the thumbs down, so it learns I dont lilke that, or similar.

I currently have 5 different channels on Pandora, and the first 4 that I have gone thru that process with, are pretty well tweaked JUST for me now. I have to dedicate some time to my new Classic Rock Channel to filter out some of the stuff I dont want there..

That said I WOULD still LOVE Sirius on my Pre. I love the DJs, they were some of the DJS from 35+ years ago, when FM was GOOD , Denis Elsas, Vin Scelsa, Carol Miller, and a few others.. really cool to hear them again in my old age
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    I used to have XM but canceled it. It's overrated. Music? There are thousands of online music stations you can listen to (Pandora is the best thing to happen to music, in my opinion). Talk? Plenty of podcasts or other streams out there. Funny? **** Stern and opie & Anthony; they suck. Listen to online personalities like Kidd Chris for funny stuff.

I'm sure it'll come eventually but they'll do the same thing to it like they did with Apple; not make the same items available online available for the phone.

Besides, can't you get XM through Sprint TV?
    I am interested (if and when depends on the support I'll receive) of implementing a deezer client for the Pre (see Deezer.com). Here in Europe Pandora and similar services (Last.fm) don't work at all (or they're not free) so I want to be prepared when finally the pre will arrive in the old continent
    Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    I have orb streaming Sirius on my Pre now but it only works through the browser which means you must keep the phone on at all times to listen. Its not the best solution but it works most of the time. You can also hope Pocket Tunes comes out with a Pre app as they make it possible to steam directly from Sirius.com.
    Go Bucks!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by verks View Post
    I have orb streaming Sirius on my Pre now but it only works through the browser which means you must keep the phone on at all times to listen. Its not the best solution but it works most of the time. You can also hope Pocket Tunes comes out with a Pre app as they make it possible to steam directly from Sirius.com.
    how is the streaming quality through orb? is it too choppy or is it good enough? I'm not too picky as long as i can listen to it at work.
    What do you mean by
    Quote Originally Posted by verks View Post
    must keep the phone on at all times to listen.

The phone would HAVE to be ON to listen , no?

Do you mean keep your home PC ON, and having Sirius ON thru that, then use ORB to stream it from your home PC to your phone??

Id too be interested in how that sounds??/
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    What do you mean by
    for orb to work the SCREEN must be on. Once it goes to sleep mode then the audio goes out. It sounds pretty good but its just not practical. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a sirius app. Thats one of the first apps I wanted for this phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwashere View Post
    . I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a sirius app. Thats one of the first apps I wanted for this phone.
    SIGH Ya, me TOO! Its what I did see in the brochure, and was one of my big upsets and disspointments when I found out in fact it was not available..

Maybe someday uh???
    Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    What do you mean by

Do you mean keep your home PC ON, and having Sirius ON thru that, then use ORB to stream it from your home PC to your phone??

Id too be interested in how that sounds??/
    Sorry the screen would have to be on. It is a battery killer.

You will have to keep your computer on at home as it will act as a "server". Orb will run on your cpu too and you will log onto the mobile orb site to access the Sirius channels you create through Orb.

It works pretty good. It can be inconsistent at times. Let me know if you have any questions.

Follow these instructions:

Just Do the iPhone instructions on the Pre...(you don't need quicktime)

Stream XM and Sirius To Your iPhone and iPod Touch – With a Little Help

This is another option but I can't get it to work:
    http://forums.precentral.net/general...e-success.html
    Go Bucks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast