Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Hi All - I have searched the forums but did not find an exact answer to my question so I thought I would ask my fellow pre owners...

This morning I was on a phone call using the wired headset and had the pre plugged into the wall charger. I had joined a conference call so I had the pre sitting on the desk and listening to the call with the call muted so I could type etc.

I think I have read on the forums that it is normal for the pre screen to go black when left idle while on a phone call. In order to get the pre to show me the screen again I had to push the power button. With the headset and charger plugged in it made it kind of awkward.

Is that normal operation for the pre given my scenario above? Seems to me that the pre should be able to give me the screen back if I touch the button in the gesture area or tap the screen.

I know that a touchstone and blue tooth are option but, I would think there would be an easier way without having those at hand.

Any feedback is appreciated.
    Either the power button or opening the slider work to turn on the screen. Tapping the screen or using the front button would sort of defeat one of the purposes of turning the screen off. Though it's kind of different with the plug in, I think one of the reasons for the turning off of the screen is that so you don't accidentally press buttons when on a call. It would make sense if Pre acted differently when on the charger though.
    I also find this annoying.

Just like oddlou said, just turn it on like you would if it was otherwise asleep.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Oddlou,

Thanks for the reply. I agree with your points. One thing I remember from previous palms is you had an option of locking the screen while on a call. It would be nice to have a choice and if you turn on a "Wake on button" feature you kind of do so at your own risk. Maybe palm will implement in future updates...
    How was it hard to hit the power button? Did you have the slider open? If you did you could have just hit the space bar to turn it on.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    donatom3
    I did not have the slider open. That might be a good way to do it in the future. I would not say it was hard to hit the power button but it was awkward with the charger plugged in as well as the wire headphones.