1.    #1  
    I am sure there are posts out there about this, but I am going to post something anyway. I was listening to music this morning and closed the player unplugged the headphones, and now I don't get any sound from the phone when I make a call, But if I plug the headphones back in it works fine.

Any Ideas? or is it just a return to the sprint store.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Check this thread. Seems like a "cure" right there in the 1st post:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...sue-fixed.html
    Yea, that happened to me. It is a glitch in the OS some where. Honestly the way I fixed it was by plugging and unplugging my headphones kind of quickly. It eventually figured out what was going on.

If you haven't tried restarting the phone do that. If that doesn't work try what I suggested above. If that doesn't work, head over to the sprint store. You might want to try making a call on a touchstone too if you have it, that might fix it.

Just so you know, this isn't a hardware bug, its software.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks all!! the resolution in the first post fixed the problem.

That is awesome!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Yea, that happened to me. It is a glitch in the OS some where. Honestly the way I fixed it was by plugging and unplugging my headphones kind of quickly. It eventually figured out what was going on.

If you haven't tried restarting the phone do that. If that doesn't work try what I suggested above. If that doesn't work, head over to the sprint store. You might want to try making a call on a touchstone too if you have it, that might fix it.

Just so you know, this isn't a hardware bug, its software.
    And why are you so sure this is a software problem? This type problem has been present in many Treos (especially the 700 series) and was not a software problem; it was a problem with the actual headphone jack on the phone. And as was suggested, it's likely that putting the jack in and taking it out a number of times fixes it....not pressing mute on the phone. Unless you have some evidence that it's a software flaw.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    And why are you so sure this is a software problem? This type problem has been present in many Treos (especially the 700 series) and was not a software problem; it was a problem with the actual headphone jack on the phone. And as was suggested, it's likely that putting the jack in and taking it out a number of times fixes it....not pressing mute on the phone. Unless you have some evidence that it's a software flaw.

I'm sure it's a software problem because the two times this occurred to me, running the audio interactive tests fixed the issue. It's because the OS didn't notice the removal trigger going off and gets confused.
  7.    #7  
    I will have to agree, I have tried plugging and unplugging the headphones numerous time and that did nothing. As soon as I did the double mute thing it worked. That leads me to believe that it would be a software issue.
    Ii'd be real interested to see if anyone has the problem who has never plugged in a headphone jack. If not, it raises the question as to whether it's "the OS not noticing the removal trigger..." or whether the jack is faulty and isn't sending the trigger. Maybe it's a software fix for a hardware problem.
    You could say I had part of the symptoms, no earpiece sound but the headset icon worked properly, from the beginning before I ever used the jack. I tried everything anyone has tried on this forum but nothing worked. Turned out in my rare case, the earpiece physically didn't work and it was exchanged.