Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 62
  1. rmbwebs's Avatar
    Posts
    129 Posts
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    #21  
    So. . .
    15 months ago you received a huge discount from Sprint on your wife's phone by telling sprint that you were going to be with them for the next 24 months.

    And now you want to get another discount on a phone in the same way, but you don't want to add 24 months onto the first 24 months, you just want to say 24 months starting now.
  2. erod550's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #22  
    Yes, because Sprint is doing you such a HUGE favor by allowing you to spend more money with them to buy a new phone. /eyeroll

    I'd say well if you're going to charge me $400, I'll just pay the $200 to cancel the line and go get an iPhone and save $100. My guess is they will let you pay $199 for the Pre before letting an 11 year customer jump ship to AT&T.
  3. #23  
    Yeah, Sprint is begging for customers that are a net loss.

    Sprint barely makes up the phone subsidy in 2 years, let alone network costs.

    Edit: What do you think any other carrier is going to do for you? Sprint let you upgrade one ineligible phone and offered you $100 on another one.
    Last edited by zelet; 08/05/2009 at 09:22 AM.
  4.    #24  
    RMB and Zelet, I think maybe you misunderstand my purpose. Yes, 15 months ago I received a 150.00 dollar discount on my wifes pink centro. Prior to my purchase of the pre, I had the same phone for 6 years and my wifes previous phone for 4. They would always try to sell us phones but I waited and finally I have the phone that I love (the pre). I have 5 phones on my plan an finally (just recently) the sprint service dept has been great. Many times during the sprint/nextel transition I was double billed and had to fight them, but I NEVER jumped ship! I wanted to get my wife a pre for her birthday, but to get it I would have to pay 400.00 after the service credit. If I wait 8 months she will get the pre for 199.00, when Joe schmo shmuck can come in off the street and get it for the 199 now. Zelet its not about being a cheap little*****. Its about the loyalty that I have given sprint nextel for 11 years while someone can just get the phone for a full discount! I would gladly extend the contract 24 months plus 8 more if needed. Its the point. Yes you can call me cheap all you want. I'm putting a kid through college and preparing for 2 more. I think that I deserve the right. I give sprint 240.00 a month for pretty good service, and I think that I should be able as an 11 year customer to get my wife another phone for 199.00 for her birthday. As many mistakes that the sprint service department have made these past years, I'm sure that I'm due for a break.

    Thank you for the insult, it only reflects your character.

    The cheap little *****
  5. #25  
    ouch

    I would have just left it at that, but your last comment on saying how 'ive been with sprint for X amount of years' and comparing it to Joe Shmuck for a disount shows YOUR character.

    ....sometimes saying less is more
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by notaphonegeek View Post
    RMB and Zelet, I think maybe you misunderstand my purpose. Yes, 15 months ago I received a 150.00 dollar discount on my wifes pink centro. Prior to my purchase of the pre, I had the same phone for 6 years and my wifes previous phone for 4. They would always try to sell us phones but I waited and finally I have the phone that I love (the pre). I have 5 phones on my plan an finally (just recently) the sprint service dept has been great. Many times during the sprint/nextel transition I was double billed and had to fight them, but I NEVER jumped ship! I wanted to get my wife a pre for her birthday, but to get it I would have to pay 400.00 after the service credit. If I wait 8 months she will get the pre for 199.00, when Joe schmo shmuck can come in off the street and get it for the 199 now. Zelet its not about being a cheap little*****. Its about the loyalty that I have given sprint nextel for 11 years while someone can just get the phone for a full discount! I would gladly extend the contract 24 months plus 8 more if needed. Its the point. Yes you can call me cheap all you want. I'm putting a kid through college and preparing for 2 more. I think that I deserve the right. I give sprint 240.00 a month for pretty good service, and I think that I should be able as an 11 year customer to get my wife another phone for 199.00 for her birthday. As many mistakes that the sprint service department have made these past years, I'm sure that I'm due for a break.

    Thank you for the insult, it only reflects your character.

    The cheap little *****
    Don't tell us..tell sprint. Outside of paying up, your best bet is to talk to retentions. Throw in wanting to cancel or the iphone, etc.
  7. #27  
    Its been over a year so you get $75 plus the $100 service credit. That's only $75 more than if it was the two year mark.

    Your other options are to buy it on your line then switch it to hers in 30 days.

    Or, jump ship to AT&T and pay more than the cost of a new phone just about every month with AT&T's expensive service.
  8. #28  
    I must be the only one who thinks $750 is outrageous to pay for a phone? You probably need to talk with retentions if you expect them to do anything for you being an 11 yr customer for which they probably don't rly care anyway. Personally I would check ebay and make sure its a reputable seller. When I was looking for one they were around $315 or so. Just be sure to insure it.
  9. #29  
    Unfortunately you only get rebates/discounts at the end of your contract (when re-signing), or when opening a new line of service. This is clearly stated and is not any type of "loophole". Obviously, the reason they offer the rebate/discount is to subsidize the cost of the phone.

    It's great that you've been a customer for 11 years and have multiple lines of service.

    There are plenty of businesses and service of which I have been a long-time, loyal customer. However, I don't feel that being a repeat customer entitles you to free merchandise.

    I've been shopping at a local grocery store for decades, I don't get free groceries. I don't get free cars from my dealership, or free dry cleaning etc. etc.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeko318 View Post
    I must be the only one who thinks $750 is outrageous to pay for a phone? You probably need to talk with retentions if you expect them to do anything for you being an 11 yr customer for which they probably don't rly care anyway. Personally I would check ebay and make sure its a reputable seller. When I was looking for one they were around $315 or so. Just be sure to insure it.
    Who said anything about $750. The non-contract price for a Pre is $550 at Sprint. He's eligable for $75 off plus another $100 service credit which brings it down to $375. I think he might even still be eligible for the $100 mail-in rebate which brings the price to $275.

    What am I missing?
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by badchad View Post
    Unfortunately you only get rebates/discounts at the end of your contract (when re-signing), or when opening a new line of service. This is clearly stated and is not any type of "loophole". Obviously, the reason they offer the rebate/discount is to subsidize the cost of the phone.

    It's great that you've been a customer for 11 years and have multiple lines of service.

    There are plenty of businesses and service of which I have been a long-time, loyal customer. However, I don't feel that being a repeat customer entitles you to free merchandise.

    I've been shopping at a local grocery store for decades, I don't get free groceries. I don't get free cars from my dealership, or free dry cleaning etc. etc.
    That is a really good point. I've never thought of it like that. If you want to think of it as monthly fees too - when was the last time your cable company gave you $100 just because you asked like Sprint did?
  12. #32  
    The $199 if with the $100 rebate AFTER the $150 upgrade credit after 2 yrs. The $75 coupon you recieved is only for the primary line. I was told that I could choose that or my $150 upgrade credit. The prices you see advertised are always for maximum credits for new accounts or after 2 yr agreement has expired.
  13. #33  
    Yeah, but the guy was offered $100 toward his service outside of any other rebates or discounts.
  14. erod550's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelet View Post
    Yeah, Sprint is begging for customers that are a net loss.
    Please tell me how a customer that has been with Sprint for 11 years is a net loss? This isn't someone who came over from AT&T 6 months ago and now wants an upgrade at a discount. And now he has given even more information about his situation (no phone upgrades for 6 years) that indicate that Sprint is not losing money on this customer.

    As for the cable company example, yes, I HAVE been given MORE than $100 from my cable company for being a 9 year customer that could easily switch to faster DSL service for less money, but I don't want the hassle of losing my email address I've had for years or the hassle of rewiring my house for DSL. But yes, over the course of every 6 months I essentially get more than $100 given to me by the cable company in order to retain a loyal customer.
  15. Tommy K's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #35  
    i am actually a sprint rep... the whole 75 dollar upgrade credit thing is mostly confusing to customers. it BASICALLY means that if you are not fully eligible for the upgrade credit of 150 that u just pay 75 dollars more than the full credit of the upgrade price. in the case of the PRE, 200 is the upgrade price (after mail in rebate at sprint store but instant in best buy or radioshack) if you are fully eligible. you pay 275 if you are not fully eligible (again after rebate at sprint stores). thats it!! that 150 credit and 75 credit thing is stupid... we should really make it more clear.. it does NOT take off 150 or 75 of the FULL PRICE. depending if you pay your bill on time, you should be able to upgrade after 18 months of your new contract/ contract renewal date. if you are NOT AT ALL ELIGIBLE, then well you just have to pay full price
  16. fredc1's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    #36  
    According to the rebate form, the $100 rebate, instant or otherwise, does not apply at all to existing customers unless you have had your current device for 22 months. If you have had your device for more than 12 but less than 22 months, you get the $75 discount for extending your contract for 2 years..no rebate. I'm not sure about the $100 instant savings, but I would think that is still available. So your wife's price would be $549-$75-$100=$374



    http://www.nextel.com/assets/pdfs/en...mir_090709.pdf
    Last edited by fredc1; 08/06/2009 at 02:44 PM.
  17. #37  
    One question, what type of plan is your wife's current phone on? Unlimited data, texting,etc?

    Here is something you can try, it worked for me when I wanted to get rid of my POS Treo Pro, and switch to a Blackberry 8830.

    You activate a new line of service and it would be $199 out the door at Best Buy. Once you get the phone activated, you can then swap the numbers between your wife's current phone and the new Pre (do this online or over the phone with Sprint, not at Best Buy). You can then cancel the new line of service within 30 days without an ETF. Since you paid for the phone up front, you won't have to return one, you are only cancelling the line of service. That is what I did, and Sprint didn't complain at all about it. I paid $149 for the Curve, but I didn't get the rebate for it since it was a mail-in one. (Since Best Buy is appyling the rebate in-store, you should be okay there). Depending on the plan your wife had, you may have to upgrade it to an Everything plan, but you would have to do that with any Pre. Since the plan is tied to the phone number and not the phone, that will happen when they do the number swap (which is why I say do it with Sprint and not Best Buy).

    Just a suggestion. It worked for me, but your mileage may vary.

    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy K View Post
    i am actually a sprint rep... the whole 75 dollar upgrade credit thing is mostly confusing to customers. it BASICALLY means that if you are not fully eligible for the upgrade credit of 150 that u just pay 75 dollars more than the full credit of the upgrade price. in the case of the PRE, 200 is the upgrade price (after mail in rebate at sprint store but instant in best buy or radioshack) if you are fully eligible. you pay 275 if you are not fully eligible (again after rebate at sprint stores). thats it!! that 150 credit and 75 credit thing is stupid... we should really make it more clear.. it does NOT take off 150 or 75 of the FULL PRICE. depending if you pay your bill on time, you should be able to upgrade after 18 months of your new contract/ contract renewal date. if you are NOT AT ALL ELIGIBLE, then well you just have to pay full price
    The way I've heard it from every other rep and how it's been in the years (10) that I've been a Sprint customer isn't like that. If you're only eligible for the $75 you get $75 off of the full non contract pricing. So the way I was told multiple times for the Pre would be $549.99 - $75.00 = $474.99. I have been told you are not eligible to any of the other discounts.

    And to the OP Sprint lets you get the full upgrade every 22 months not 24. They try to get you to resign 2 months before your contract is up.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    ouch

    I would have just left it at that, but your last comment on saying how 'ive been with sprint for X amount of years' and comparing it to Joe Shmuck for a disount shows YOUR character.

    ....sometimes saying less is more
    I think the Joe Shmuck comment was more or less in response to being called a cheap little ******. At least that is how I read it. At least he kept his comments above the belt.

    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Don't tell us..tell sprint. Outside of paying up, your best bet is to talk to retentions. Throw in wanting to cancel or the iphone, etc.
    He did tell Sprint, now he's telling us. Doing that got him called a cheap little ******. Go figure. I look for a price break every chance I get, and little quid pro quo from a company I've dealt with for a long is not too much to expect, IMHO.

    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions