Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is it me or while the phone is locked and an incoming call comes in... it's sometimes hard to see who's calling? I know it displays it fine unless you touch the screen.. but it seems i'm almost always touching the screen. i'll see if i can change the way i hold it or something as i'm taking it out of my pocket.
    It is kinda tough to see sometimes.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    haha I have the same issue. Can't see the name when its telling you to slide up to unlock.
    I absolutely hate this feature because it blocks the name and sometimes i slide the thing up and it slingshots right back with the call still coming in ...

Thank god for the slide open to answer or i wouldn't be able to tolerate the slide to unlock thing ...

What i don't understand is why they couldn't just use the call waiting way of answering calls by pushing the green icon instead of having to slide it all over the screen ...
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

I HATEHATEHATE this detail!!! What totally blows about it is that you have no way to ignore calls if the phone is locked. I had two wrong number calls come in while I was roaming in Canada because the moment you unlock it answers the call and the damn number was obscured by the ball! What are we supposed to do? Let it ring and ring and ring and disturb people until it goes into voice mail?
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
    I HATEHATEHATE this detail!!! What totally blows about it is that you have no way to ignore calls if the phone is locked. I had two wrong number calls come in while I was roaming in Canada because the moment you unlock it answers the call and the damn number was obscured by the ball! What are we supposed to do? Let it ring and ring and ring and disturb people until it goes into voice mail?
    Tap the Power button once to ignore and twice to send to voicemail.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    learn about your phone. Double tap the power button ignores calls
    I guess I could've read the included owners manual to....whoops!

Doesn't change the fact that the ball blocks the readout and the only way to find out who's calling is to answer the call. I also had the Gizmodo-cited problem where if you miss the green button, it opens the contact info app. Stupid!
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    learn about your phone. Double tap the power button ignores calls
    There's this saying that you failed as a product designer if you have to tell your end-users to look at thier owner's manual
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzchic View Post
    There's this saying that you failed as a product designer if you have to tell your end-users to look at thier owner's manual
    That's why when you go into the help section on the phone it's there, with videos and everything.
  11.    #11  
    Maybee just move the name up.... and you have to slide the ball to the name to answer it..
    Haven't ran into an issue yet.

Even if you touch the screen, wait literally 1 second and the white arc goes away.

I actually like it...easy to ignore a call and easy to pick up without accidentally picking up the phone when pulling it out of the pouch.
    this has been a minor gripe for me since day 1. I even sent an email to Palm about it. I can't believe this slipped through the cracks! They need to have the caller ID info moved to the center of the screen when locked. should be a simple fix.

It would also be nice if when you answer a call from a locked screen, that it would auto lock and turn off screen as soon as the call is ended. that is what the iPhone does.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Haven't ran into an issue yet.

Even if you touch the screen, wait literally 1 second and the white arc goes away.

I actually like it...easy to ignore a call and easy to pick up without accidentally picking up the phone when pulling it out of the pouch.
    x200000
    why don't you just try to slide the ball up. See who is calling and I you don't want to pick up just return the ball to the original position.
    Quote Originally Posted by jusegozu View Post
    why don't you just try to slide the ball up. See who is calling and I you don't want to pick up just return the ball to the original position.
    That's a workaround, not a solution, though. They got a lot right with this phone, but this was a rather basic oversight!
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundGuyAndy View Post
    That's a workaround, not a solution, though. They got a lot right with this phone, but this was a rather basic oversight!
    why not just put the caller's information on the top of the screen if the phone is locked?
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzchic View Post
    true! Manuals are for sissies.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    I guess I could've read the included owners manual to....whoops!

Doesn't change the fact that the ball blocks the readout and the only way to find out who's calling is to answer the call. I also had the Gizmodo-cited problem where if you miss the green button, it opens the contact info app. Stupid!
    I'm with you there. It seems silly to co-mingle call management. If you can use the touchscreen to answer or ignore a call when it's not locked, it seems fair to do the same thing when it's locked. Locking and unlocking the screen should not be integrated with answering or ignoring a call, it should be a separate action. Get a call, answer or ignore. Get a call when it's locked, unlock it step one, then, same answer or ignore.

BTW, I've only dine it once, but I tapped the power button 1 time and it sent it to VM. Guess I need to go test now and make sure.
    I personally like the co-mingling, but wish it was a bit more co-mingled. For example, the caller information should be a part of the lock screen when receiving a call, not just underneath it, at least as a notification that displays on the lock screen. Also, it seems that they could incorporate an ignore into the motion: drag ball into one area to answer, and into another to ignore. The power button works fine, but it's easy to forget in the minor stress induced by a ringing phone, especially if you rarely use it.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast