Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    can someone explain to me why they had to put auto-correction on SMS? i'm gettin tired of it changing "ther" to "the". if i wanted to spell everything out, i'd send an email. SMS is for quick, abbreviated messages. how can i disable that?
    What's "ther"?
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    im goin ovr ther to sho off my new Pre
    Agreed, what the heck is 'ther'? Some of us still prefer to use English
    i thik ther is like there with the last e left off?
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtuna00 View Post
    Agreed, what the heck is 'ther'? Some of us still prefer to use English
    and the rest of the world uses abbreviated words for sending text messages. some day when you get out from under the rock you're living under, you will too.
    if you have written ther then why wouldn't you just put the last E. I wish we had more auto correction for the long emails. I wish they would update the dictionary already or atleast let us alter it.

I get what your saying though in text and abbreviated words but if the auto correction was better you would put ther and it would automatically fix it.
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Wow. People will always find something to complain about.
    Wait wait, you're complaining that the Pre makes your communication more readable?

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    wait wait, no actually it screws up my messages & makes them less readable. so i have to fix the auto-correction. did Palm really think people mispell "THE"??? why does the Pre think "ther" should be "the" and not "there"??? i jus wanna *oops* i mean, i just want to disable that option. sorry to upset the Fanboys here
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    so whenever it auto-corrects...hit backspace once n it'll revert back to whatever you typed. Simple.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    wait wait, no actually it screws up my messages & makes them less readable. so i have to fix the auto-correction. did Palm really think people mispell "THE"??? why does the Pre think "ther" should be "the" and not "there"??? i jus wanna *oops* i mean, i just want to disable that option. sorry to upset the Fanboys here
    I don't think it has anything at all to do with people being fanboys. I think it's a matter of people being tired of having everything dumbed down, impersonal, and selfishly convenient. Personally I hate getting a text from someone hu u cnt tll f tha r bing lz r stpd!!!! You know, those people who can't take the time to add a vowel but add five extra exclamation points and the most complicated emoticon they can think of (and they remember ALL of them!)
    Last edited by nhavar; 08/04/2009 at 05:24 PM.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Why? Why not?
    God I hate it when people say / spell things wrong and excuse it. "It's just SMS!" "It's just IM!"

Bah! It always makes you look like a moron.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Wow, this is the first thread I've EVER read on this forum. Seems hostile round these parts.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    If u want to express yourself or misspell words on purpose, just hit the back key. simple.
    Abbreviations help shorten the length of a text if it may be long. (over 160 characters). Some people I know do not have unlimited texting.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    God I hate it when people say / spell things wrong and excuse it. "It's just SMS!" "It's just IM!"

lol
    Quote Originally Posted by nhavar View Post
    I don't think it has anything at all to do with people being fanboys. I think it's a matter of people being tired of having everything dumbed down, impersonal, and selfishly convenient. Personally I hate getting a text from someone hu u cnt tll f tha r bing lz r stpd!!!! You know, those people who can't take the time to add a vowel but add five extra exclamation points and the most complicated emoticon they can think of (and they remember ALL of them!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post

I'm with these two. But if u rly wna txt lik dat.. Press backspace to undo any auto-correction.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast