1.    #1  
    So, I've had my Pre for about a month and a half, and my friend came over two days ago and played with it for two hours straight, and now it shuts off randomly and sometimes the screen doesn't work and it has glitches in the launcher and such, please help me.
    Sounds like it could have hardware problems, and if so you would need to take it in to your Sprint store or contact Sprint tech support. To rule out software problems, they'd probably do a total erase, so you could try that first yourself.
    When you say "play with it" do you mean rooting it?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    Sounds like it could have hardware problems, and if so you would need to take it in to your Sprint store or contact Sprint tech support. To rule out software problems, they'd probably do a total erase, so you could try that first yourself.
    How do you do that?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    When you say "play with it" do you mean rooting it?
    What's rooting? And he was like looking through like messaging, email, he opened about seven programs, I'm not really sure, I was half awake.
    Quote Originally Posted by mabj0 View Post
    How do you do that?
    I don't know off hand. I had to do it once, but Sprint customer service actually did it for me remotely. But you can easily do a Google or forum search to find out.
    You have a faulty device. Take it back and exchange it.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    I don't know off hand. I had to do it once, but Sprint customer service actually did it for me remotely. But you can easily do a Google or forum search to find out.
    Does it delete your contacts?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    You have a faulty device. Take it back and exchange it.
    Does exchanging it cost anything?
    How do you do that?
    You go to "Device Info" and select "Reset Options", this will give you the option to restart, do a partial erase or a complete erase of yuor Pre.

Not if it is defective...it has a year manufacturer's warranty.
    EDIT: sorry jcole didn't see your response.

How do you do that?
    Go to Device Info and scroll to the bottom you'll see Reset Options. Tap it and try a partial and then (if needed) full erase.

Does it delete your contacts?
    Technically, your phone is not supposed to store any contacts locally. It should all be in the 'cloud' of the Palm Profile and/or Google, Exchange, or whatever. You will lose the contacts off your phone but you should be able to resynchronize when the erase is complete.

It wont cost you anything if you're having problems - just make sure that you get a new unit instead of a refurb. If they cant fix it by erasing the phone then they will replace it at no charge to you. Unless it turned out your friend drooled on it too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsyeltzin View Post
    Technically, your phone is not supposed to store any contacts locally. It should all be in the 'cloud' of the Palm Profile and/or Google, Exchange, or whatever. You will lose the contacts off your phone but you should be able to resynchronize when the erase is complete.
    Yeah, good luck with that! It's not as reliable as it's supposed to be. And you'll definitely lose browser bookmarks and web launcher items. Any manual associations between contacts will also be lost. You may also lose preferences and some other things. It took me a day to reconfigure my Pre after a total erase.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsyeltzin View Post
    How do you get it all from "the cloud"?
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    You have a faulty friend. Take it back and exchange it.
    fixed