1.    #1  
    After I have installed my homebrew apps should I turn developer mode off? Is it doing anything detrimental to my pre?

Thank you!
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    definitely turn it off. otherwise anyone on the same wireless network as you can get into yourpre. but they would still need to get your ip, which isnt really that hard. my friend rooted my pre for me and one night he kept shutting my pre off via putty throuhg the wireless network. just imagine that but with someone with not to good intentions.
    Quote Originally Posted by lamboh View Post
    definitely turn it off. otherwise anyone on the same wireless network as you can get into yourpre. but they would still need to get your ip, which isnt really that hard. my friend rooted my pre for me and one night he kept shutting my pre off via putty throuhg the wireless network. just imagine that but with someone with not to good intentions.
    Go ahead, find my IP. My phone's in Dev mode at all times. Its one thing to give your IP to your friend, its another thing for someone to magically find your IP. Even my wireless network is password protected at home, so its just not gonna happen.
  4.    #4  
    ok thanks! ill turn it off.
    I've had it on for 2 weeks with no problems. Almost forgot i had it on because I don't install Homebrew that way anymore. Other apps handle that for me now
    Quote Originally Posted by lamboh View Post
    Wait, there is a way to SSH into these things!?! I need that! Any more info? I would love to sync this thing wireless instead of these stupid wires of yesterday.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammyc53 View Post
    Wait, there is a way to SSH into these things!?! I need that! Any more info? I would love to sync this thing wireless instead of these stupid wires of yesterday.
    putty works fine for me
    How do we turn off developer mode? Only a reboot or what

Best regards.
    enter the dev code and just flip the switch to OFF
    Quote Originally Posted by disgrace View Post
    enter the dev code and just flip the switch to OFF
    Great thank's for that reply

Best regards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammyc53 View Post
    Dude, apparently you haven't seen the predev wiki. Check out this page: Next steps - WebOS Internals. Also see this one for setting up SFTP access: Setup SFTP - WebOS Internals. Warning: these are advanced!
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer