1.    #1  
    When using the browser on m.facebook.com, the screen is not adjusted right and is way too zoomed out. Anybody know what I'm talking bout and know if there's a solution so that I don't have to zoom in to read the text?
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    It isn't formatted for a 320x480 screen
    Quote Originally Posted by kdabest9 View Post
    When using the browser on m.facebook.com, the screen is not adjusted right and is way too zoomed out. Anybody know what I'm talking bout and know if there's a solution so that I don't have to zoom in to read the text?
    Welcome to Facebook | Facebook
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    yeah you don't want to use m.fb.com you want x.fb.com for the version for the pre
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Very true that it is smaller than the x.facebook.com, but you can rotate your phone and it will fit better and be easier to read. More a personal preference, but the one thing about the m versus the x is that the m is true mobile and even though it isn't exactly formatted for the Pre, it is a lot closer to the true facebook site where it is easier to get notifications, view comments, etc.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    1) go to m.precentral.com
    2) tilt screen to landscape, then back to portrait
    3) go to m.facebook.com

The Facebook mobile page will now be formatted to fit the Pre's screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekesqueaky View Post
    3) go to m.facebook.com

Works better if you try this with m.precentral.NET
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Lane View Post
    Works better if you try this with m.precentral.NET
    LOL, yeah, you're right! My bad. ;-)
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    x.facebook.com sucks and has poor functionality. M.facebook.com is way better even if not formatted correctly.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ekesqueaky View Post
    3) go to m.facebook.com

lol thanks alot ! it actually worked...wish there was a easier way though. and ya x.facebook.com suckss.
    I've just been going to the regular page at "facebook.com." In landscape mode, I can zoom in just enough that the middle section fills the screen and is actually usable. My biggest gripe about this phone is the lack of a functional fb app.
    Does anyone know what code is in the precentral mobile site that isnt in the facebook mobile site that causes the site to come up wrong? Is this a software bug within the WebOS browser?
    <I accidentally the whole pre>

<Palm Pre Speed Test>

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by i700plus View Post
    Does anyone know what code is in the precentral mobile site that isnt in the facebook mobile site that causes the site to come up wrong? Is this a software bug within the WebOS browser?
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    It isn't formatted for a 320x480 screen
    There you go.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismode View Post
    There you go.
    LOL I know that but that still doesnt explain why it works after visiting the precentral.net site...
    <I accidentally the whole pre>

<Palm Pre Speed Test>

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    It's not just facebook. There are plenty of mobile sites, some designed for the iPhone, that display tiny unless you do this trick. I use this with Groupwise (Simple web interface) and Toodledo, to name just two.

I wonder if it's possible for a homebrew app to "fix" this?
    I was wondering why going to a Palm Pre-formatted site before changes the way the browser displays a totally different website. Is there a reason for this? Or is it a bug of some sort?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    The code used on m.precentral.net is a WebKit-specific meta tag that defines the zoom level for a page, though I'm not sure why the Pre browser reacts in the way it does when going from one site to the next. It would be preferable if the default zoom levels were set by the browser if it isn't specified by the site, I think. Then you wouldn't have this problem.
    facebook app, where art thou..