1.    #1  
    I just received my invite to Google Voice. I have tinkered with the settings online and now I am looking for opinions on the best homebrew app for using Google Voice on the Pre.

I have no vested interest in any of the developers currently working on these apps. I just want simply the Pro's and Con's, and what has worked/what has not.

Thanks in advance for replying.

Update: Currently I am using gDial. Works ok, but I want some feedback.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 08/04/2009 at 01:08 PM.
    How does one get an invite to google voice?
  3.    #3  
    I personally like the gDialPro homebrew app. It works for me. Does everything I need easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by rgvsdigitalpimp View Post
    I personally like the gDialPro homebrew app. It works for me. Does everything I need easily.
    Another vote for GdialPro from me. It even lets you initiate the call via data saving the time of having to listen to the app dial all those numbers into the system.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    Another vote for GdialPro from me. It even lets you initiate the call via data saving the time of having to listen to the app dial all those numbers into the system.
    I must have missed that. Every time I dial a number through gDial it takes me to my Phone app and I listen to all the numbers being dialed.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    I must have missed that. Every time I dial a number through gDial it takes me to my Phone app and I listen to all the numbers being dialed.
    Go to preferences "Use web based dial" switch it to on.

BTW dkGoogleVoice 0.4.0 was just released. It looks better than gDialPro, and it actually has a full screen dial pad too. It uses the internet dialing as well now. Just make sure to fill in the forward number.

I'm still not too thrilled about stability on it, but I'll have to give it more a chance since I do like it's interface better.
    Last edited by donatom3; 08/04/2009 at 03:32 PM.
    This is how I set up and use Google Voice on my Pre. It retains the ability to utilize the Universal Search and Speed Dial.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...up-my-pre.html

I still use the homebew applications for contacts who I haven't converted to this system yet.