1.    #1  
    I don't have a Pre yet but have been reading the threads for quite awhile. I was wondering how the notifications worked for gmail and yahoo mail. Will it notify me when I get a new mail in and how often? (I believe this may be something I can set in a preference). Thanks for the information.
    I can only speak for gmail. You decide whether and how often you want to check email. You can set the phone to notify you as emails are received or you can set it to check for emails at certain timed intervals, e.g., every 5 minutes, every 15 minutes, every hour. How you set it will depend in part on how much email you get and what effect the recurring checks have on your battery life.

Unless you install a homebrew application, you do not currently have a choice regarding the notification tone.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I can only speak for gmail. You decide whether and how often you want to check email. You can set the phone to notify you as emails are received or you can set it to check for emails at certain timed intervals, e.g., every 5 minutes, every 15 minutes, every hour. How you set it will depend in part on how much email you get and what effect the recurring checks have on your battery life.

Unless you install a homebrew application, you do not currently have a choice regarding the notification tone.
    Yahoo accounts work the same way.