Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Often times when a message is sent to a contact, i immediately recieve a blank message from the contact..then a proper text message soon after. Happened twice in as many weeks. Anyone else?
    Sounds like an issue on the receiving end. My boyfriends blackberry does that on sprint and when he was on t-mobile, he wondered if I got them because he used to realize he sent them all the time. I didn't receive those ones though. Just the ones from sprint. He gets click happy...
    Yes this happens to me as well.
    I get the samething. It as happened a lot with me. I send a text and then get a blank one back. It doesn't matter who I send it to or what service they are using. It doesn't bother me but it makes me wonder why it happens. I send a lot of texts a day and it happens once or twice a day.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Its happened to me a few times but I have only noticed it in the last week or so.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I have noticed this too, but i seem to get them directly after someone sends me a message (usually a short one) and its just a "follow-up" blank message from them.
    That has also happenend to me a couple times, but only from my fathers blackberry on AT&T. I wasn't what was happening, thought maybe he was getting old ... HAHA maybe it's a blackberry thing (another poster said it happenend from her boyfriends blackberry).
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Def not a blackberry thing or a carrier specific thing.Happened with tmobile and verizon contacts.
    I also have this issue, is anyone still experiencing it after 1.3.5.1? That's when it seemed to start for me...
    Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    for me, it seems to happen if I receive a text message just as the phone is switching to or from roaming. has anyone else noticed this coincidence?
    I do notice I only have the problem while I'm in areas of spotty coverage. I actually only started having it after my Airave broke.

- JP
    Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P -> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by shuttlemanfl View Post
    I get the samething. It as happened a lot with me. I send a text and then get a blank one back. It doesn't matter who I send it to or what service they are using. It doesn't bother me but it makes me wonder why it happens. I send a lot of texts a day and it happens once or twice a day.
    Yep, this happens to me too! Im a huge txter. I either receive a blank message before the actual message is received or right after. It's a little annoying but I've gotten used to it. Hopefully it gets fixed with the next update.
    Here are some instructions to fix this recieving Blank messages issue.

> Open the Phone Preferences from Phone App.
    > Check if the "Voice Network" under "Network" field selected as "Automatic".
    > If it is set to "Automatic", tap on it and then tap on "3G Only" or "Verizon Only" etc..depends on your Carrier Network.
    > make a back gesture to save the changes.
    > Close the Phone app.
    > then try sending or recieving the messages and check the result.

Thanks...R > PTS
    Last edited by Ross; 01/20/2011 at 01:03 PM.
    A signature should go here, but Im too lazy to type one...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    Here are some instructions to fix this recieving Blank messages issue.

> Open the Phone Preferences from Phone App.
    > Check if the "Voice Network" under "Network" field selected as "Automatic".
    > If it is set to "Automatic", tap on it and then tap on "3G Only" or "Verizon Only" etc..depends on your Carrier Network.
    > make a back gesture to save the changes.
    > Close the Phone app.
    > then try sending or recieving the messages and check the result.

Thanks...R > PTS
    My problem started yesterday. When I send a long text I get a return grey screen. So maybe I will just delete the last few programs listed in my 1st page launcher. This was not happening before. I'm getting "Message failure, try again"
    ---------------------------------------
    UPDATE:

I deleted some messenging patches that I think were not compatiable and its working now. I don't know which one it was but I'll be more careful with add on's in the future, and test as I add on or something....
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 01/20/2011 at 08:40 PM.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I got blanks both before and after patches. Just a few days ago I got blanks with a time stamp for the next morning.