1.    #1  
    Sometimes when I'm on the phone I can send out a text message. Sometimes it won't do that. Is that normal? Aren't you able to simultaneously talk and text?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I have been able to text and talk at the same time.
    I've not attempted to talk and text. I should give that a try and see what happens.
    I was under the impression that voice and data could not be simultaneous over the EVDO cellular network, ever. Although, if you have WiFi that changes things. Data via WiFi works weather you are on the phone or not.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    texting does not use data, therefore it can be done with sprint and verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    texting does not use data, therefore it can be done with sprint and verizon
    Interesting, is that the case for all messaging, for example if images are included or is that only if you have plain text.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    I would imagine only for plain text. there was an article i read about this, can't remember the source tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Interesting, is that the case for all messaging, for example if images are included or is that only if you have plain text.
    SMS can be done with voice simultaneously on Sprint's network. It doesn't use the data portion of your connection. All other messaging including pictures are via the data portion and can't be done simultaneously.

As for the op are you sure you those times when your messages don't go through you don't have their AIM or Google Talk name selected?
    I can talk and text simultaneously. Don't think pic via MMS will work though (data request).
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post

As for the op are you sure you those times when your messages don't go through you don't have their AIM or Google Talk name selected?

I'm very sure that I didn't have the google talk selected. It kept giving me error message 34. Whatever that means.
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline_rush View Post
    I'm very sure that I didn't have the google talk selected. It kept giving me error message 34. Whatever that means.
    I've had it give me an error that it couldn't send the messages a couple of times when I had shoddy reception, but I never paid attention to the error code. I guess in your case the network was having issues taking both. Each tower does have a set bandwidth.