Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    If you have trouble with your Pre after the 30 days but before the 1 year warranty is up. Who replaces it? Sprint or Palm? My wife's Pre is having issues with the speaker cutting out, and its after 30 days.. Just wondering if I have to go to a Sprint store or if I have to deal with Palm directly.
    I know for certain Palm has a 1 year warranty for manufacturing defects. You may want to deal with Palm directly.

Not too sure about Sprint.
    Contact Sprint Customer Service...they should be able to correct it.
    When I was with Verizon my Centro died about 10 months after I purchased it. Verizon took care of the claim for me and I had a replacement in about two days. Will Sprint provide the same service? Of course you get what you pay for so given that I'm paying so much less to Sprint for my monthly service I don't really expect the same level of service from them.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    In the past Sprint used to take care of warranty service but lately it's hit or miss. They may ask you to go directly to Palm or may take care of it, depends on the CS rep you get. If you have TEP then Sprint will replace it, with no deductible, as long as there is no sign of physical damage to the phone.
    I was just in the Sprint store on Sunday (my wife's phone was doing random shutdowns) and was told that we would have to go to a Sprint Warranty/Repair center (we're just over the 30 days). They were nice enough to give us a new battery to try, and the repair center is only a few miles down the road if that doesn't fix it.
    great tip darnell. this will cover all the dead pixels, phone shutting off, sound problems, software issues, update issues, and anything considered a defect. I will only have a phone for about a year anyway so this should cover me. I will put a case on the phone so if it dropped they can't tell and I should be covered for pretty much everything. I like the phone now but we all know there will be better to come in a year. with the savings maybe I can build two dunkin donuts in space lol........
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I just returned my pre after a month and a half. Keyboard stoppped working. Took it to the sprint store and they attempted to fix it but eventually just gave me a new one (refurb)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDoG76 View Post
    I just returned my pre after a month and a half. Keyboard stoppped working. Took it to the sprint store and they attempted to fix it but eventually just gave me a new one (refurb)
    Yea, after 30 days, they put you on refub street. Before 30 days, they'll give you a brand new one.

Hope you kept the battery from the old one. You know they can't "refub" batteries anyway .
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Yea, after 30 days, they put you on refub street. Before 30 days, they'll give you a brand new one.

Hope you kept the battery from the old one. You know they can't "refub" batteries anyway .
    I've always had really good luck with the refurbs I've gotten from Sprint (never had to replace the Pre). They always looked brand new. Plus, if they didn't you can always refuse it for a different one.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Well I wasn't rwally concerned with the battery. I took my hpone off the charger @6am, surfed the web first thing like usual, checked email numerous times, logged into facebook a few times and used gps for about a half hour. Battery status after about 6 hours=62%. Not bad...
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    I just had to replace a 6/6 phone for a dead keyboard. I went to the Sprint store that does repairs yesterday, they verified the problem, and ordered a replacement that came today. It is a new unit, according to the device info from the dialer app. (Can't remember the number right now.) Slider is definitely tighter, and it feels good. Will see how it holds up over time.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced