1.    #1  
    Okay, so I'm kind of upset that this all happened!

On my way to work this morning, I was listening to Pandora, no problems. Before this I had zero problems with the Pre as well.

I get to work, pull out my touchstone, set the Pre on it to charge and it makes that ding. But it sounds really distorted. Kind of like if I had the volume cranked up 10 times higher than it can go. Immediately I knew it didn't sound right. So I open up a card and swipe it off to see what's up with the sound. Nothing... Doesn't make the swipe sound and it always does! So, I open up the music player... Nothing. I plug in headphones and I can hear stuff... Great, it's stuck in headphone mode.

I search the forums for a fix. I reset it, power it off. It's fixed. but the Touchstone Charger still sounds kinda off when I place the Pre on the dock...

So I open up the music player again and click on an album. It doesn't play. Nothing.

Okay, just rappidly put the headphone jack in and out and got it working. But it's on and off. UGHHH...

The touchstone sound still sounds messed.

*** Favor, can someone post a link to the sound the phone makes when you set it on a touchstone!?!?
    I dont think its a touchstone thats causes this problem. I have been having the same exact problem and i never used the touchstone. I just had to call sprint and they are sending me a new phone
  3.    #3  
    Great.... I didn't want it to come to this. I love the PRE that I have. It has some oreo cookie to it, but nothing that makes it annoying. Now I have a sound issue, I may have to exchange if this keeps up!
  4.    #4  
    Now my text message notifications aren't working either. WTF PRE!

I might take this one back. I'm over my 30 days. But I'm insured.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Uhm, did you just get an update? The new notification sound for 1.1 sounds .. all screwed up and distorted (IMO).
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rposa View Post
    Uhm, did you just get an update? The new notification sound for 1.1 sounds .. all screwed up and distorted (IMO).
    Only if you install "drop it in the toilet". I elected not to install it, and mines fine after the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawandvital View Post
    Okay, so I'm kind of upset that this all happened!

On my way to work this morning, I was listening to Pandora, no problems. Before this I had zero problems with the Pre as well.

I get to work, pull out my touchstone, set the Pre on it to charge and it makes that ding. But it sounds really distorted. Kind of like if I had the volume cranked up 10 times higher than it can go. Immediately I knew it didn't sound right. So I open up a card and swipe it off to see what's up with the sound. Nothing... Doesn't make the swipe sound and it always does! So, I open up the music player... Nothing. I plug in headphones and I can hear stuff... Great, it's stuck in headphone mode.

I search the forums for a fix. I reset it, power it off. It's fixed. but the Touchstone Charger still sounds kinda off when I place the Pre on the dock...

So I open up the music player again and click on an album. It doesn't play. Nothing.

Okay, just rappidly put the headphone jack in and out and got it working. But it's on and off. UGHHH...

The touchstone sound still sounds messed.

*** Favor, can someone post a link to the sound the phone makes when you set it on a touchstone!?!?
    It's not your Touchstone. It's a very common problem when you use the headphone jack and/or keep your Pre in your pocket.

Your headphone jack has some debris or lint stuck inside (Just happened to me yesterday). Get a good quality cotton swab (the kind of q-tip on the wooden stick...those tend to not fall apart so easily) or even better is a pipe cleaner. Some rubbing alcohol or electrical contact cleaner on the swap/pipe cleaner and run it in-and-out of the headphone jack follow-up by a few blasts of compressed air (canister type) should solve the problem. Also, clean off the plug of your headphones as well.
  8.    #8  
    Okay, well... I got the sound issue worked out. It's not stuck in Headphone jack mode!

But a new problem has occurred. I get absolutely no notification sound when I receive a txt/aim message. Nothing... Not even a vibrate...

I tried restarting. I tried a hard restart (turn off then power back on).... I checked the volume on the notification. Everything is turned on. Volume up... Switch on top is turned on...

Anyone know what the deal is!?
    well first how did you fix the sound problem. I know people with this problem would appreciate it.
  10.    #10  
    Repeatedly stuck the headphone plug in and out of the jack. That did it once. Reset and restarted the phone...

I'm going to sprint to see if I can get a replacement.

I'll report back in. I'm going to ask to check the PRE's before the exchange. I don't want no friggin screen wobbling on a new one. If they wobble, I'll gladly just stick it out with this one until I decide to re-exchange.

Br back in a few!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawandvital View Post
    Repeatedly stuck the headphone plug in and out of the jack. That did it once. Reset and restarted the phone...

I'm going to sprint to see if I can get a replacement.

I'll report back in. I'm going to ask to check the PRE's before the exchange. I don't want no friggin screen wobbling on a new one. If they wobble, I'll gladly just stick it out with this one until I decide to re-exchange.

Br back in a few!
    You're going to have the same problem eventually.....just clean out the jack. It happens all the time and very common. I wouldn't be so quick to replace it if your Pre is fine otherwise. Try the cleaning trick I posted earlier before you try an exchange. Again, this WILL happen again.
  12.    #12  
    no no no... My headphone jack is working now. It's not stuck in headphone jacked up mode anymore.

The problem was, when I was getting texts, etc. I wasn't getting notification sounds...

I went under sounds and xxx on the last page, checked the settings, everything was turned on.... But I still wasn't getting notification sounds.

SOOOO... I took it to the store. Told him the problem. We were getting ready to get everything situated and I flipped through the messaging menu and there I saw it....

So, your messaging notification has 2 separate places to set the settings. The first one is on the last PAGE where it has the speaker icon and says sound and whatever... THE OTHER is in the actual messaging client. You have to go into preferences whatever in the top tab. In there is the secondary way to set notification sounds on and off... Mine was set to off.... I apologized to the store clerk and walked out embarrassed. HE HE...