1.    #1  
    My phone was working fine last night when I got home from work, with the battery at around 50%. I put the phone down on the kitchen counter so I could mow my lawn. When I got done, I went to check the phone, but it would not wake up. I charged it all night long, but no luck. For some reason, it looks like it is dead

I think I'm going to bring it back to Best Buy (bought the black tie protection) tonight.

Anyone else have this happen to their Pre?

What will Best Buy want me to return with the Phone?
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    At least try taking the battery out and putting it back in. Maybe it's a battery issue.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    At least try taking the battery out and putting it back in. Maybe it's a battery issue.
    Unfortunately, I tried that a few times. But no luck. I charged it overnight on my Touchstone and no luck either. It won't turn on. I think I'm just going to go back to Best Buy tonight after work.

I really feel like I'm missing my left hand...

When you say you charged it overnight on your TS, did it actually charge (clock display while it was on the TS)?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by turbooxide View Post
    When you say you charged it overnight on your TS, did it actually charge (clock display while it was on the TS)?
    Nothing was on the screen. I even tried to charge via the USB port for at least an hour, and no luck there. Its just wont turn on. I do know that the battery is seated in there ok.

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Sounds like you got a Palm Poo.
  7.    #7  
    I'll be at Best Buy tonight trying to get a new one!

8.    #8  
    So, I went to Best Buy and they could not get the Pre to work at all either. So, they just took the phone. I got to keep everything else, including the original back and the battery (this seemed odd to me).

Anyway, they need to send it to Palm, and I need to wait for a week or two for a new phone. So i'm going back in time 2 years to my wife's old (very basic) Samsung M300. I already started using it and its going to be hard to last 2 weeks without my Pre. Maybe by the time I get the new one, we'll have another firmware update and more apps. I'm really going to miss playing with the new homebrew apps.

Keep telling yourself that it is just 2 weeks at most. Just 2 weeks.........

The phone should be covered under mfr warranty. If you would have taken it to a Sprint service center, you would have had a new phone in ~ 2 days.
  10.    #10  
    That stinks. I thought that b/c i bought it at Best Buy, it would have to be taken care of there.

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=bjshedwick;1804729]...they need to send it to Palm, and I need to wait for a week or two for a new phone...QUOTE]

you gotta be kidding me! i would be livid. there's no shortage of phones, why didn't you walk out of there with a new Pre?
    I have a possible problem with my Pre also. I plugged my phone into the charger last night just like I usually do. When I woke up at 5am to see what time it was, I noticed that the phone was at 25% battery life and I plugged it in around 10PM. I was confused because I was still half asleep. The little lightning bolt was over the battery symbol, so there was power going to the unit. I decided to restart the Pre and switch outlets and sure enough, the phone fully charged in an hour by the time I got up for work.

Hope this isn't a sign of worse to come? Did you guy's Pre's do this at all?
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    I have a possible problem with my Pre also. I plugged my phone into the charger last night just like I usually do. When I woke up at 5am to see what time it was, I noticed that the phone was at 25% battery life and I plugged it in around 10PM. I was confused because I was still half asleep. The little lightning bolt was over the battery symbol, so there was power going to the unit. I decided to restart the Pre and switch outlets and sure enough, the phone fully charged in an hour by the time I got up for work.

Hope this isn't a sign of worse to come? Did you guy's Pre's do this at all?
    Post a question in one place and leave it. Cutting and pasting the same thing in multiple threads only makes it harder to find responses.

Of start yet another thread on the same issue. At least it'll be in one place, al beit another duplicate issue.

BTW, I responded to one of the other ones. You'll have to go fishing to find it though.
    Had the exact same problem. Take the back off and take the battery out. push down the components at the bottom then put the battery back in and turn it on.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post
    Post a question in one place and leave it. Cutting and pasting the same thing in multiple threads only makes it harder to find responses.

Of start yet another thread on the same issue. At least it'll be in one place, al beit another duplicate issue.

BTW, I responded to one of the other ones. You'll have to go fishing to find it though.
    Ill post where ever I feel will get a response. Some people don't read these things because they fly by so quick. There are pages of threads for just today's date. This is the first time I did this, because I don't have time to sit on this site searching for a thread I've posted to. So man, just worry about yourself. Any why start another thread? That's why there are so many to begin with, because people haven't searched properly for their topic.

Soup
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.