Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    So My son and I got our Pre's on Saturday. Fantastic! Moving from an Instinct and a HtC Mogul.
    Biggest issue is bad reception and I already have a $400 dollar repeater unit that struggles to help at all. Always had bad signal here but the Pre is making it worse.
    I called Sprint cried my story to 2 very nice ladies. Allison was the second tier person and she authorized a Sprint Airave to be sent to me free with no monthly fee's! ( I threatened nicely that I was gonna take my six phones and go to another carrier) Sprint is really backing the Pre and their service these days. (They have to). I will post when I get the Airave and let all know how it works. Can't wait. My house seems to be the dead cell zone.
    Last edited by darkstarx; 08/03/2009 at 11:38 PM.
    yeah they couldnt even give me an airave because the nearest sprint tower is too far away for the little GPS thing thats on the airave. I said what the hell is the point of that!???!
    Sprint's customer service has really begun to pick up. Generally I hear nothing but good stories from them. I hope they keep up the good work and create a good reputation unlike AT&T.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    What is the GPS thing for? I need to do some research on this thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siteoner View Post
    yeah they couldnt even give me an airave because the nearest sprint tower is too far away for the little GPS thing thats on the airave. I said what the hell is the point of that!???!
    That makes no sense. The GPS antenna is only needed to make sure that you are within the US. The issue you might have is that you could be in an affiliate market that is not yet set up for the airave. But, your profile says that you are in brooklyn, so that is not the case. i woul call up an try again
    well im not in BK right now Im upstate. And what they said was that the GPS has to be withing range of a SPRINT tower specifically which to me kind of defeats the purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    That makes no sense. The GPS antenna is only needed to make sure that you are within the US. The issue you might have is that you could be in an affiliate market that is not yet set up for the airave. But, your profile says that you are in brooklyn, so that is not the case. i woul call up an try again
    I discussed my 1 bar (unacceptable)coverage in my home to retentions today and the best they would do is sell me the Airave fo 49.95 and 4.99/month. I am a new customer with a Pre, and wish their offer had been better.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    They told me 3 times they were shipping me an Airave overnight UPS.
    Now after waiting like a kid for the Ice Cream truck everyday, I still don't have it. Customer service says, back ordered, the warehouse dude says they are in stock...grrrrrr oh another dropped call.....sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by jmuell View Post
    I discussed my 1 bar (unacceptable)coverage in my home to retentions today and the best they would do is sell me the Airave fo 49.95 and 4.99/month. I am a new customer with a Pre, and wish their offer had been better.
    Do you only have one line on your account and/or a credit limit?
    Quote Originally Posted by darkstarx View Post
    They told me 3 times they were shipping me an Airave overnight UPS.
    Now after waiting like a kid for the Ice Cream truck everyday, I still don't have it. Customer service says, back ordered, the warehouse dude says they are in stock...grrrrrr oh another dropped call.....sorry
    The Airave units are currently backordered for 14 days (as of last week) so for those who are not receiving the units, deepest apologies. We do apologize for the misinformation.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Im all for people receiving what they pay for, but stop the "threating" ughh it is becoming so mundane we are complaining about the littlest things and there is so much in the world to "b**ch about. my whole thing is NO NETWORK is perfect and that's that, if a particular provider doesn't offer something don't threaten the company your with because of what someone else has, the grass isn't always greener on the other side.
    The Airwave doesn't have anything to do with a Sprint tower. The GPS also has nothing to do with making sure you are within the US.

Here's the facts: The Airwave connects to your High Speed Internet connection and turns your cell phone into a wireless VOIP phone. The GPS is needed for E-911 so if you call for emergency services, they can immediately know your location.
  13. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by motoracer1486 View Post
    The Airwave doesn't have anything to do with a Sprint tower. The GPS also has nothing to do with making sure you are within the US.

Here's the facts: The Airwave connects to your High Speed Internet connection and turns your cell phone into a wireless VOIP phone. The GPS is needed for E-911 so if you call for emergency services, they can immediately know your location.
    You have no idea what you're talking about, lmao. The GPS is used to ensure the Airave is not used in markets where Sprint does not have a 1900mhz license. Such as Canada, Mexico, Europe, the UK, China, etc, ad nauseum. Additionally, there area even places in the UNITED STATES that Sprint does not have a 1900mhz license --- Sprint customers visiting those areas will ROAM and cannot have a Sprint Airave.

Another reason the Airave uses GPS is due to the CDMA protocol's inherent need for UTC synchronized time within ~100 nanoseconds... this is needed for your handset to work. It has to do with the soft handoffs between the Airave and Sprint's actual cell sites (they are not "called a tower"). If your phone is out of sync with the network, it will drop the call.

Truthfully, the Airave probably will not show your address when dialing 911. It's e911 functionality is used in conjunction with e911 Phase 2 (II) standards, to triangulate your position with it's built in GPS functionality & Sprint cell sites near you, to provide as close of a location as possible. Your address will more than likely NOT appear on the e911 dispatch centers computer screen.

Also, it's Airave - not Airwave.
    hey guys sprint customer care has been lacking, let me tell you a story that happened to me two days ago.
    hey guys today i went to sprint retail store to first get me a new pre since my first one was defected and to get a price adjustment. So i went into the store and talk to this chick and i told her i wanted a price adjustment on my pre since i bought mine for $352.20 and THE Shack is 149.99. She didn't know what the hell i was talking about. So i showed her the The Shack AD and then three different employees and manager came and still didnt know what i was talking about. So, i told them I want my money back since i still within the 30 days. One manager got really pissed and told me do it then, here i will gladly give your money back and I'm like do it. Then, his supervisor came in and took him to the back and had a chat with him. The Supervisor said excuse my employee he is having a bad day. Then, i said there's no reason for him to be acting rude and thats not quality service. So After 4 hr, literally 4hrs of bickering and them moaning about giving me my price adjustment the Supervisor finally caved in. I talked to the Supervisor and he fixed everything within 5min after the 4hrs. He credited me 150.00 to my next billing account and waved my activation free and he said he will try to give me the first 2 months for free. oh yeah i got this in writing so he's not bluffing. Guess what after the nerve of the manager being rude he gave me my 2nd pre all defected and i went back there again and said he gave me a defected phone and the supervisor was livid. He personally brought there boxs of pre to the front of the store and let me picked one. I was so happy that the third one worked perfectly. So, after all this the supervisor gave me a sheet of customer care result. So he said you should give him a 5, 5 being the best service. I was like no way jose. I am not obligated to do nothing i was like here ill give you what i think seems fair. haha. I left putting negative stars and went on my way. Sorry for this long novel

So what do you guys think i should do? I really am unsatisfied with the care of sprint and i think i should talk to corporate
  15. enjoyingsilence
    If the Pre you have now (the 3rd one, if I read correctly) works, be grateful. You rated them 0/5 stars on the customer care survey, and I'm sure the staff @ the store was well aware you were very unhappy.

(Sorry, if that was blunt, lol)

Honestly, all that's left to do is follow up on your 150.00 credit, and the promise/assurance of the "next 2 months free" agreement. Since you have it in writing, assuming it doesn't happen, call Retentions or Executive Services, and tell them what happened & that you have this agreement in writing from said supervisor or manager @ "x" store... and see what they say.

And if I were you, I wouldn't deal with that store anymore.

edit: here's the # to Executive Services, if you end up needing it ... 866-727-0665
    thank you so much enjoying silence. I appreciate that you were blunt and a firm about your response. I am grateful but then again, i am very agitated with the inconveniences. Needless to say, i got what i wanted so i m happy. Hey so last question, so i call the executive service and tell them what had happened and what not. What do you think they will say?
  17. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by nunae76 View Post
    thank you so much enjoying silence. I appreciate that you were blunt and a firm about your response. I am grateful but then again, i am very agitated with the inconveniences. Needless to say, i got what i wanted so i m happy. Hey so last question, so i call the executive service and tell them what had happened and what not. What do you think they will say?
    Well, this is a speculative question... one would say it depends on who answers your call & the mood they're in that day

However, if you call them, my notable points would include your inconveniences/the unprofessionalism of the staff @ the Store you visited... also their 2 months free agreement, and the 150.00 credit --- and that you have the 2 months free agreement, in writing.

This way, there's notation on your account notes in their computer system, of the matter, and come next month, if you're charged, and you have to call back - they have record.
    smart man thanks will do that. thanks a bunch. This why i love precentral because they have great members.
  19. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by nunae76 View Post
    smart man thanks will do that. thanks a bunch. This why i love precentral because they have great members.
    We try hehe... seriously tho.. keep us informed!
    definitely i will let you know.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast