Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My phone screen is cracked under the screen. I thought this was a manufacturer defect as I baby my Pre and don't recall putting huge amounts of pressure that may have cracked it. The sprint store said I have to go thought the insurance (asurion). Has anyone had to do this? If so, what was your experience and did you get a new phone or was it possibly a refurbished model? Needless to say I am very hesitant because up until now, I have had zero problems with the phone. The build quality is solid and everything is great.
    My Pre was stolen, and I just put in my claim today. I'll let you know how it turns out.
    Quote Originally Posted by spectator52 View Post
    My phone screen is cracked under the screen. I thought this was a manufacturer defect as I baby my Pre and don't recall putting huge amounts of pressure that may have cracked it. The sprint store said I have to go thought the insurance (asurion). Has anyone had to do this? If so, what was your experience and did you get a new phone or was it possibly a refurbished model? Needless to say I am very hesitant because up until now, I have had zero problems with the phone. The build quality is solid and everything is great.
    My wife's phone has a small hairline crack near the mic. We took it to sprint and was told the same thing. We didn't replace the phone b/c there will be a $100 deductible. Since her phone is functioning properly we decided to keep it till it either gets worse or till we will actually need the replace to phone for non cosmetic issues.
    I just got my asurion claimed replacment, let me tell you what a bunch of scam artists they are. You also have to pay $100 to get it and they were back-logged 5-7 business days based on low shipments. Good luck, palm will fix it under warranty but they require $29 and a $400 hold on your CC, might be a better option.
    I baby my phone SOOO much and I got a crack by the USB port. I immediately called Sprint tech support and told them that I did not cause the crack, it must have been a defect. The Sprint guy put me on hold, came back and said, put a claim through Asurion and I will credit your account the $100 fee. I will be receiving the replacement phone early tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikecp421 View Post
    I just got my asurion claimed replacment, let me tell you what a bunch of scam artists they are. You also have to pay $100 to get it and they were back-logged 5-7 business days based on low shipments. Good luck, palm will fix it under warranty but they require $29 and a $400 hold on your CC, might be a better option.
    Uhhh why are they "Scam Artists"?
  7.    #7  
    I did the claim last night. My fear is getting a refurbished phone. Hopefully I will get a new phone. If I get a refurb, I am going to raise some serious hell.
    I'm sorry I don't have access to the assurion docs right now but I believe that there is a $1000 limit per consecutive 12 month period. Since the Phone is worth over $500 this means that the phone can only be replace once. You won't be able to replace again for a year. Hence, if the problem is something that you can live with I would reccomend that you hold off on replacing. Otherwise, you may get stuck having to pay the full replacement cost if something happens to your new phone in the next 12 months.
    my brother dropped his pre and royally destroyed the touch screen... he got his replacement in less then a week, it was brand spanking new, and build quality is way way better then mine. no wobble, tight slider, crisp buttons. also he got an extra set of all cables and the charger. excellent experience for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    I'm sorry I don't have access to the assurion docs right now but I believe that there is a $1000 limit per consecutive 12 month period. Since the Phone is worth over $500 this means that the phone can only be replace once. You won't be able to replace again for a year. Hence, if the problem is something that you can live with I would reccomend that you hold off on replacing. Otherwise, you may get stuck having to pay the full replacement cost if something happens to your new phone in the next 12 months.
    It's 3 claims per year at a max of $1000 per claim. The contract is attached
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Just received my replacement Pre, seems to be new. As much as I used to love the Centro, having to go back to it after having had a Pre was torture.

If I come across any issues with my replacement, I'll let you all know.
    Quote Originally Posted by spectator52 View Post
    I did the claim last night. My fear is getting a refurbished phone. Hopefully I will get a new phone. If I get a refurb, I am going to raise some serious hell.
    Why it's completely in their right to give you a refurb? I wouldn't accept a refurb for a 30 day return, but after that it's completely within the companies right.
    Got my replacement through asurion back near the end of june. Phone was new according to the ##786 screen w/a manufact date only a week before I got it. I won't go into all the hassle in getting them to approve it, but replacement is solid. Came in new "yellow" box w/all accessories just like if you bought it from sprint.

The best part though, the envelope they send you to put your defective pre in, says not to put anything in it except the phone. Not even the battery. So yep, you get a free set of accessories, and a spare battery out the deal. Well, I guess its not free, but you get it. Almost pays for itself in free acces.
    Oh yeah, & its actually in the TEP contract that they can send you a rfurb as a replacement. If I remember correctly, it may even say they don't have to senf you the same model phone as long as its of similar value & technology.

"Sorry you broke your palm pre, here's a Razor. That'll be $100 please. Thanks for choosing Asurion, have a nice day!"

You can print out the fine print from the website
    Quote Originally Posted by Superstardjal View Post
    Oh yeah, & its actually in the TEP contract that they can send you a rfurb as a replacement. If I remember correctly, it may even say they don't have to senf you the same model phone as long as its of similar value & technology.

"Sorry you broke your palm pre, here's a Razor. That'll be $100 please. Thanks for choosing Asurion, have a nice day!"

You can print out the fine print from the website
    It has to be an equal or better replacement. Also if they do send you a different model they have to replace any accessories you have bought that are no longer compatible with the new phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by motox502 View Post
    Uhhh why are they "Scam Artists"?
    Them and Sprint as well. It's just a way to make money for the both of them.

Sprint now states everything is Damage no matter what it is unless it's software or something just loose. They carry no parts so anything needing parts will just be considered non repairable.

I just went through this with my Kids Exclaim something popped out from one of the hinges. They didn't even look at the phone as said it was damage and go through Asurion. Well that didn't sit well with me and I asked the Manager to ask the Tech what was wrong with my Phone. As he never looked at it he had no idea. I walked out with a new Phone.

I have no problem with getting a refurb if need be some times they are better then a brand new one, But I do want a phone in the same if not better condition then mine as I really take care of them.

Oh and Document everything Take picture of your Phone with Proof of the date (newpaper) so they can't come back and say well your Phone looked like it was at war and back.
    ImNoPrince,

Man that sucks, I've never had that kind of experience with Sprint and getting a phone fixed. It's always been quite a pleasant experience. I only had to pay the deductible once in 10 years and that was actual phone damage.
    This showed up on my door step yesterday from Asurion and Sprint payed my $100 deducatble for me so in NO way would I say Sprint or Asurion are scam artist.

19.    #19  
    i got my new palm pre today! I have to admit, the whole process was very smooth and I definitely appreciated the free overnight shipping. It is a brand new Pre with a manufacturer date of 7/27!
    Yeah i just got my new pre back today after i had lost it... And the free overnight shipping was excellent i have absolutely no complains about their service A++++
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast