Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Pre notifications are awesome, the best ever, but they are also sometimes maddeningly annoying.

When on the phone, why can't the notification come through the earpiece and not the speaker? And why can't it be more muted?

When on a call it comes through as loud as ever as if the phone were just sitting on a desk, I literally had to change settings mid call to stop the annoyance.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I wonder if the person on the other side of the conversation can hear them...
    Yes, they can.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    They can...
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    Pre notifications are awesome, the best ever, but they are also sometimes maddeningly annoying.

When on the phone, why can't the notification come through the earpiece and not the speaker? And why can't it be more muted?

When on a call it comes through as loud as ever as if the phone were just sitting on a desk, I literally had to change settings mid call to stop the annoyance.

QFT!

This was mentioned in another thread. Its amazing to me that this isnt a bigger deal. I guess most people dont make that many voice calls with the phone anymore.

Plam- Its annoying, an oversight, and it needs to be fixed soon. I should not even have to go hunting for a hombrew fix for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty BK View Post
    I wonder if the person on the other side of the conversation can hear them...
    They hear it well enough I hear "was that a murloc?" multiple times a day.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    The dropped call notification is even worse. Is it really necessary? A loud ring, when you're trying to listen to see if the person is still on the line?
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    If this is not addressed in the next update I will wonder if anyone at Palm is actually using this phone...
    I just had this happen to me today, on the phone with my girl and as loud as ever my text alert goes off. I hope this gets fixed soon.
    I agree it needs to be fixed. It is my #1 issue with the phone. And the only real 'beef' I have with the Pre right now. Half the time I miss what the person is saying because I have to pull the phone away from my ear, to keep from going deaf.
    The windows mobile treos do this too. Really makes you wonder if anyone actually uses these things for a week or two before they are widely launched.
    I swear I don't have this happen. I hear notifications in my ear only, not over the speaker. No one else can hear them, the people on the other line can't, I've asked. Maybe I'm just lucky?
    This is painfully anoying and shocking that something like this could pass thru alpha even beta testing. I can not imagine that no one heard that while using it. I have seen some complaints about it on forums but strangely enough I have not seen many people mention it in reviews.
    You can disable all those annoying notifications here.
    Patch Phone Disable Missed-Dropped-Ended Call Sound - WebOS Internals