Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I am pretty much a stickler for buying the Palm specific chargers/battery products from Palm. Id rather pay more and know it's the right thing.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    I am pretty much a stickler for buying the Palm specific chargers/battery products from Palm. Id rather pay more and know it's the right thing.
    Palm charger $19.99 + tax
    Spring branded charger: $37.00!!!

It's worth the 19.99 just to get a cable and potential treo extention, for your old skool office cronies.
  3. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Hell yea it was. I bought it on this site's store for $10 cheaper than the Palm online store, had it in 3 days. Using it now already.
    Or get any of the wide range of quality generic chargers for $3.99 and save a ton of cash!!

Quote Originally Posted by irishjays View Post
    Well done on the Pre purchase.

New Pre owners take note: Don't get the sprint branded car charger they offer at the sprint store. It costs $37 bucks, and doesn't work all the time, mine wouldn't charge after the 1.1 update.

Get the Palm branded "adapter" at Best Buy, the little device comes with a micro USB cable that you can use for data transfer as well. It's much better to keep that in your car, so if you are at work, school friends house, you can load up legal free license music and movies for the ride home. It also has a Treo attachment, so if you have a buddy with a fat treo, you can juice it as well.

If you're buying the palm Pre as a multi-function device, shouldn't your charger have the same philosophy?

---
    James

Favorite Homebrew App "PrePOD!!!"
    I bought the sprint brand charger from ebay for 9.99. It has worked fine no problems at all. Not sure wh you are having problems
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I can't complain since they threw it in for free.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    There are two versions I believe, make sure you get the right one (1A current) not the 850mA one. I think they all sprint stores are going around n changing their stock to the 1A one, so double check before paying.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Just a thought on the car charger some cars go into a power saver mode after awhile and turn off the charger port. I know that mine turns off about 40 minutes after I turn off my car.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12