1.    #1  
    Has anyone noticed any difference in the battery drain issues for Live Mail and Hotmail? I still have an e-mail account I'd like to put on the Pre but with the initial issues I had decided against it. If anyone has any current experience I would love to hear how it is going.
    i have mine "as they arrive" and no issues with battery
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    MS Live Mail is an email client. Or does MS have free email as well that I'm not aware of?

Several people have asked questions as if they think their MS Live Mail client IS their email account so it makes no sense. Maybe you mean somehting different.

I think the only drain is going to be how your Pre is set up to retrieve mail. Manual or automatic. Auto in any form would make sense to drain faster, because the Pre is actually ding something that consumes power to retrieve email.
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post
    I think the only drain is going to be how your Pre is set up to retrieve mail. Manual or automatic. Auto in any form would make sense to drain faster, because the Pre is actually ding something that consumes power to retrieve email.
    well it depends....i used to set my pre to do 5...10...15 minutes....15 minutes was fine...10 battery drained....5..battery drained even more...but with as they arrive...its perfect
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post
    MS Live Mail is an email client. Or does MS have free email as well that I'm not aware of?

Several people have asked questions as if they think their MS Live Mail client IS their email account so it makes no sense. Maybe you mean somehting different.

Realize all that but at release there was a recursion error that when the Pre tried to fetch from a Live/Hotmail account it wouldn't resolve correctly and led to some pretty horrendous battery drain.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    wait, you all have "as they arrive" for a retrieval option with a live/hotmail account?
    I setup a gmail acct, and have it 'steal' my hotmail emails from MS' servers. Pretty easy to setup. I found the pre didn't change the server for hotmail (add/remove emails). I believe it is a MS issue tho, not the pre, as just a few months ago, MS wouldn't let you view your hotmail outside of the web interface without a paid premium membership.