Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I would just like to preface this by saying that I usually don't post things told to me by Sprint Reps, but this person has been helpful/accurate in the past.

I just left the Sprint store to exchange my Pre (Number 4) & was told that the Palm rep was at their store last week. The person helping me was an assistant manager and stated that she was told by the Palm Rep that there should be 150+ applications in the App Store by the end of next week. She said the Palm rep was really excited about it and said that there should be some good things released.

Lets hope they're right.... I'd love to have App Store apps because I can't get homebrew to install to save my life. I have Windows 7 & for some reason won't work period. Lets keek our fingers crossed!!
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    ::gets excited over nothing::
    Quote Originally Posted by osubrad04 View Post
    told by the Palm Rep that there should be 150+ applications in the App Store by the end of next week.
    Hahahahaa

I'll eat my hat if that's true.
    150 please!!!!!!! but we dont know...lets c if its tru
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    150 homebrew apps maybe....although i'd love some more apps in the palm catalog
    My first reaction was that the rep was counting Homebrew apps, too...
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Since I don't have a hat to eat, I'll go a different route.

My prediction
    150 apps, but after eliminating fart apps, Zippo lighters, and "flashlight" apps...

Net apps due for release: Six
    lol...i have like 40 homebrew apps installed on my pre...without rooting of course...but if there will 150+ apps by the end of next week...ill be having even more fun
    for me....the only apps that i was looking for is the blocked app which i got now....i want the app thats called "the addicting game" app from the itouch which my gf has and a facebook app...no wonder i use twitter more than facebook now lol
    150 apps...and how many did we figure was the limit of apps that a single Pre could hold? 99?

Maybe there's an app for holding more apps! (Is that like wishing for more wishes?)

WARNING: Existentialist may be on board.
    I just want an update fir google maps to support latitude and have bookmarks, google sky maps a file explorer and camcorder. A lot of the rest will probally un imporant.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    lol...i have like 40 homebrew apps installed on my pre...without rooting of course...but if there will 150+ apps by the end of next week...ill be having even more fun
    How do you load apps without rooting..is tht with WebOs quick install?
    hope is true...
    This wouldn't surprise me at all. In fact, I remain surprised that, given Palm's recent statements about the number of developers in the early access program, it hasn't happened already.

Also, if there will be 150 by the end of next week, I'd expect them to start trickling in soon. I'm not expecting there to be -- BAM! -- 150 new apps all at once. I think the two we got last week were a quick test.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Don't hold your breath.
    Quote Originally Posted by brandee621 View Post
    Yes read the instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by brandee621 View Post
    webOSquickinstall didnt work for me...i used preBrew...and u have to have the webOS sdk installed and also the webOS doctor....for it to work u gotta have the pre in developer mode via the konami code...all the intructions show u in the homebrew app forum
    Quote Originally Posted by moserjj View Post
    150 homebrew apps maybe....although i'd love some more apps in the palm catalog

they are just going to put all the homebrew apps in the catalog.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Isn't 150 cooincidentally the same number of apps that someone mentioned would be ported over from PalmOS by a third party vendor?
    No reason prepod can't be placed in the app catalog, It's the nail in the iphones coffin for me. Twit over 3g instead of waiting to get to wifi, plus a refresh all button. Ooooh, just ruined my pants.
    James Meyer, host of The Rare Podcast
    therare.net
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast