Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I heard from a Palm rep's own mouth on launch day "There are over 100 apps coming down the pipe." Yet here we are 2 months later and still at 32 apps. Can't even trust those Palm reps that visit the stores. When the apps hit the catalog I'll believe it then. Thanks for the post, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    I heard from a Palm rep's own mouth on launch day "There are over 100 apps coming down the pipe." Yet here we are 2 months later and still at 32 apps. Can't even trust those Palm reps that visit the stores. When the apps hit the catalog I'll believe it then. Thanks for the post, though.
    What leads you to believe that their statement "There are over 100 apps coming down teh pipe" wasn't true? 2 months later is not a long time in app development, especially when the SDK and even the OS have been a little bit of a moving target.
    Hmmm...an update that "fixes slide issues"...wow, we DO live in a magical age! Those "reliable Sprint store reps" are amazing creatures, aren't they?
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Do we have a way to pay for apps from the app catalog yet?

I'm sure we don't and I bet most of the apps trying to get in require a purchase.
    I want SSH and RDP apps. =)
    I wonder if there will be another update before we get more apps, after all, the App Catalog is still in beta, and I bet only a OTA update will change that. As long as it is in beta, I doubt that any pay for apps can be made available.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Facebook!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cmstric View Post
    Facebook!!!!
    I'm not picking on you or anything but .... What is so hard about going to facebook.com in your web browser and using it?

Also, all I want is IHeartRadio
    dude i got windows 7
    and i can install homebrew
    it took me like a week to figure it out though
    you gotta download orca and like do this other stuff
    search for it in the forums
    its worth it
    I hope that there are some new apps next week. That when I get my new replacement pre, i'll have a plethora of new toys to play with (in addition to all of the brilliant homebrewed ones)
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by larnapp View Post
    Since I don't have a hat to eat, I'll go a different route.

My prediction
    150 apps, but after eliminating fart apps, Zippo lighters, and "flashlight" apps...

Net apps due for release: Six
    I'd be willing to bet Palm won't approve very many "crap-apps", for quite a while. They will leave that stuff for the homebrew catalog.

Of the thousands and thousands of PalmOS apps, most are useful, solid tools. Palm users have always been attracted to the products and apps they released because they just made life and work easier.

The iPhone is being marketed to a much younger demographic who loves, and has a lot of fun with, "crap=apps".

That said, I'd love to see some new apps show up in the catalog, soon.

Like, Audible Audio, a Voice-memo app, Voice dial/control , bluetooth file transfer, visual voicemail, internet radio streaming app, (Pocket Tunes was great on my Centro), e-reader app, just to name a few. Some of these should be webOS updates.

Here's hoping we see something new soon!
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    I'd be willing to bet Palm won't approve very many "crap-apps", for quite a while. They will leave that stuff for the homebrew catalog.
    There are some decent apps in there. But so far, we're flooded with ****ty food apps..
    Quote Originally Posted by fightonyourfeet View Post
    I'm not picking on you or anything but .... What is so hard about going to facebook.com in your web browser and using it?
    You can say that about any app, that's not the point. We need a proper FB app.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    The iPhone is being marketed to a much younger demographic who loves, and has a lot of fun with, "crap=apps".

"crapps" should be the be the new name for useless, redundant apps, nice!
    One can find consistency even in inconsistency.
    My girlfriend is a sales rep at the sprint store. A palm rep came into the store on sat this weekend and she actually asked him when more apps would come out.. The number I was told was no where near 150!! He said by the end of the month the app store should release about 15 more apps! But then again this is all hear say, They will tell sales reps 150 so that they can sell more of the product to excite people. Just like any other business LIE LIE LIE to generate revenue.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Can't wait...
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGod View Post
    You can say that about any app, that's not the point. We need a proper FB app.
    I don't agree either. And you can't say that about "any" app.

I don't like Mobile FB and use facebook.com. Even with my eyes needing help these days, it works great. I don't need another app to overlay a site I can go directly too and use fully.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Hopefully epocrates will come out with a native app for the pre, also an official google voice one would be pretty useful to.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Good things come to those who wait. Like everyone else, I'm not crazy about the waiting part, but am anxious for the floodgates to open.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    I want SSH and RDP apps. =)
    You can ssh now by installing the 'terminal' homebrew.
    -mark
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast