*nom nom nom* lets hope its true
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    ban
    "ban" this you ****

btw those are "shift 8s"
    Quote Originally Posted by coachdvc View Post
    I kind of have to agree. I live in the same place for the last 18 years (my goodness it's been that long?!) and I more or less know all the places around here. The apps are nice when I go visit somewhere, but I'm usually visiting friends who know the best restaurants to go to anyway. If I was a travelling business person, I'd love these "where" and other restaurant apps, but I'm not.
    I'm really looking forward to using these when I travel on business. I always end up getting in to some strange city on the east coast late at night with my stomach grumbling.

But I agree, it's weird that there are already several apparently duplicate applications in a 32-program catalog.
    No way.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post

I think that "Where" sucks. Live Search on WinMo was way better. Anything I look for on Where, the damn thing can't find. I just use Google instead. I hope they will come up with an update or another app that is actually good at finding stuff that I am looking for.
    I do like Live Search much better, i had it on a dumb phone and that program was very good at finding stuff for me.

This open table app seems a little tricky I can't find anything for it, and no use for it. Has anyone been able to reserve a table with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    I do like Live Search much better, i had it on a dumb phone and that program was very good at finding stuff for me.

This open table app seems a little tricky I can't find anything for it, and no use for it. Has anyone been able to reserve a table with it?
    Open Table only works if the restaurant has signed up and paid for an open table system. I forget how much Open Table quoted me when they were trying to sell it for my father's restaurant. But it was something like $1000 to $2000 initial install plus a fee per reservation that booked and showed up.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    Open Table only works if the restaurant has signed up and paid for an open table system. I forget how much Open Table quoted me when they were trying to sell it for my father's restaurant. But it was something like $1000 to $2000 initial install plus a fee per reservation that booked and showed up.
    That's crazy man. I might as well take this app off then. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGod View Post
    Hahahahaa

I'll eat my hat if that's true.

If the prediction of the op is true then pic or it didn't happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    That's crazy man. I might as well take this app off then. Thanks.
    Well the initial install does include them giving you a computer, but you can supply your own hardware and cut down on those costs. They take the fee per reservation because they're considering it advertising for you. In a bigger city with higher end restaurants and more chains you'll find plenty of places to reserve at, but you're not going to get all the great smaller owned restaurants. Yelp is definitely better for that type of search.
    If the OP's info is correct, that there will be 150 new apps soon, it makes perfect marketing sense. Making a big splash with 150 apps is a newsworthy event that could generate new mainstream media interest in Pre, interest that has subsided quite a bit since launch. It certainly would address the one of the biggest complaints of both Pre users and non-users alike.
  11. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osubrad04 View Post
    should be 150+ applications in the App Store by the end of next week. She said the Palm rep was really excited about it and said that there should be some good things released.

Lets hope they're right.... I'd love to have App Store apps because I can't get homebrew to install to save my life. I have Windows 7 & for some reason won't work period. Lets keek our fingers crossed!!
    Me either. I have a Mac. Everything up to date...just can't seem to get part of the SDK to install right. It's hopefully worth waiting for.
    Bla...BLA......BLA.....Oh sure. Hehe
    I called my local sprint store and asked about the new apps.

The guy told me that they were "expecting" updates.

I think the supposed 150 apps would be a great boost for the Pre.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Great...I am already clicking on the App Catalog every few hours to see if there are new apps. Now I will be checking every 30 minutes. Just imagine what this is going to do to my battery life. Now I suppose I am going to have to get a new charger stone to keep the battery full life so when these do come in I will be able to start downloading without interruption! I hope these new apps have long trial periods.
    Makes sense to me... This is how I see it playing out...

Next Week - New Apps released for the app catalog

Week of 8/17 - Palm to work out kinks that result from new apps being released. Also, gives the US based users some time to pound Plam's app servers with download requests.

Week of 8/24 - Palm Pre will be released to Bell Canada and they will have the Pre plus a 32+ app catalog
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    IIRC Palm was not planning on allowing Homebrew apps for sometime yet still.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I think it only makes sense that this is what Palm is doing....

Think about it, many developers had apps ready for "live" right when the SDK was released. Palm is definitely sitting on a lot of submissions, and as others have said it's probably to make a bigger media splash.

I expect a large group of apps being released in the very near future.... But hey, it's all speculation i guess.
    I have a poll in the webOS development forum: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ll-1694-a.html.

So far, only 8 responses. But it appears that most developers who are in the EAP are probably not spending much time at PreCentral.net.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by burnsie28 View Post
    IIRC Palm was not planning on allowing Homebrew apps for sometime yet still.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. The homebrewer doing the tetris game seems to have an expiry on his game for Aug 30 and also has tweaked his app due to recommendation and requests from Palm. It would seem his Tetris game may make the app store soon with that sort of Palm involvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexweis View Post
    I called my local sprint store and asked about the new apps.

The guy told me that they were "expecting" updates.

I think the supposed 150 apps would be a great boost for the Pre.
    I called just to verify...

My sprint store rep, who is very reliable, told me there was an update coming by the weeks end that would fix slider issues, signal reception and upgrade my internal memory to 32gb...

I can't wait...
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast