Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Yahoo Messenger and some games would be wonderful. Let's hope it's coming soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGod View Post
    Hahahahaa

I'll eat my hat if that's true.
    if true, you better deliver
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenclaw67 View Post
    Yahoo Messenger and some games would be wonderful. Let's hope it's coming soon.
    That would most likely come through an os upgrade, not an app.
    Quote Originally Posted by larnapp View Post
    Since I don't have a hat to eat, I'll go a different route.

My prediction
    150 apps, but after eliminating fart apps, Zippo lighters, and "flashlight" apps...

Net apps due for release: Six
    And five of those will be useless restaurant finder apps.
    Dang. Just realized that was my first post. I hate starting out snarky.
    I tell you what, I hope its true! It would keep me busy most of the weekend!

I think that "Where" sucks. Live Search on WinMo was way better. Anything I look for on Where, the damn thing can't find. I just use Google instead. I hope they will come up with an update or another app that is actually good at finding stuff that I am looking for.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    There are only 2 possibilities here. That this is true or that it isn't. He, he.
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Awesome View Post
    And five of those will be useless restaurant finder apps.
    Yep, totally useless...

Except for the people that use them...
    Dang. Just realized that was my first post. I hate starting out snarky.
    Look on the bright side (well, bright side for some of us...) - you could say that half your posts so far are dissing the other half of your posts...
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    This would be good news if it's true, I'm really starting to hate the lack of a facebook app
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Yep, totally useless...

Except for the people that use them...
    What I mean is that unless you live in a major metropolitan area, they have limited appeal. I live in a state capitol, but it's not a major city, and each of the restaurant apps so far only have a small handful of places in them. The "Where" app, for example, only seems to show a couple of night clubs and a *very* small selection of high-end restaurants.

They're also not categorized by area, price, or type of food, only by distance, so if I'm heading north (on my way home from work) and I want a moderately-priced Italian place, there's no way to see all (or any) of the places in that direction.

Look on the bright side (well, bright side for some of us...) - you could say that half your posts so far are dissing the other half of your posts...
    What I mean is that unless you live in a major metropolitan area, they have limited appeal.
    I agree, but they might appeal to those that do live in a major metropolitan area.

My biggest complaint about Where is that it doesn't seem to tie in to Sprint Navigator (maybe it does, and I just haven't used it enough to figure out how). I've only briefly looked at the others. To me, this would be a no-brainer for the Pre.

My point though, was that what is useless to one person may be very useful to another. I would have to say that there must be someone using the locator type apps, or people wouldn't be writing them.
  13.    #33  
    My hope is that there are some decent games for the Pre. I know this isn't a gaming device, but I would like something that can help me kill some time between classes. I am usually without a decent signal on campus and would like something other than "Connect 4" to mess around with. Web apps just dont do it for me...
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Isn't 150 cooincidentally the same number of apps that someone mentioned would be ported over from PalmOS by a third party vendor?
    LOL Yep!!!
    I agree, but they might appeal to those that do live in a major metropolitan area.

My point though, was that what is useless to one person may be very useful to another. I would have to say that there must be someone using the locator type apps, or people wouldn't be writing them.
    Yes, you're right that they do have appeal to some people, and I don't begrudge them that. However, right now the app catalog is limited to 32 apps and three of those are restaurant apps of limited appeal. Another one of those (the Intuit credit card processor), is even more highly specialized. MY point was that I'd like to see more apps of broader appeal (a Facebook app, maybe a few games, etc.) before seeing Yet Another Restaurant Finder (or a third Twitter app, or a third movie finder, etc.).
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    What I mean is that unless you live in a major metropolitan area, they have limited appeal. I live in a state capitol, but it's not a major city, and each of the restaurant apps so far only have a small handful of places in them. The "Where" app, for example, only seems to show a couple of night clubs and a *very* small selection of high-end restaurants.

They're also not categorized by area, price, or type of food, only by distance, so if I'm heading north (on my way home from work) and I want a moderately-priced Italian place, there's no way to see all (or any) of the places in that direction.

I kind of have to agree. I live in the same place for the last 18 years (my goodness it's been that long?!) and I more or less know all the places around here. The apps are nice when I go visit somewhere, but I'm usually visiting friends who know the best restaurants to go to anyway. If I was a travelling business person, I'd love these "where" and other restaurant apps, but I'm not.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    facebook is all i give **** about
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    ban
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zachz View Post
    facebook is all i give **** about
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    That would most likely come through an os upgrade, not an app.
    I agree, it will probably be through an O.S. update, since the only thing a true Yahoo client would offer over a web client is Synergy integration.

I'm split on this. I NEED a Yahoo client for work, and I'd like to see one soon. The downside of having one show up on the App Catalog would be that it would likely have to be purchased after the App Catalog comes out of beta. On the other hand, I'd pay for it, if was worthwhile.

I just wish there would be at least of some rumor of Yahoo and Win messengers forthcoming.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast