1.    #1  
    Is there any use for a site like this? It's basically going to be a database of everything Pre. Custom themes, wallpapers, homebrew apps, pretty much anything lol. I already have the webhost for the next 2 years, so why not use it for something constructive? Plus, having everything in one place would be pretty convenient..

I have the site setup already, just have to iron out the little details. Everything is free, of course. Any user that signs up can host as many things as they want.

What do you all think about this idea? I need some feed back to help improve things, and make it the best it can be

Here's a link if you want to see the current, unpolished setup...
    Palm Pre Repository
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Isn't that what this site is?
    Just go to the Homebrew section, some apps such as
    Preload-Homebrew app store
    You will find numerous Apps and downloads.

Homebrew is your friend
    If there was a way to pick repository it might be helpful, but if I have to click on weblinks and download, root the pre, do some voodoo magic, and then get the program to install...then no. I had the Nokia n700, 800 and it ability to have multiple repositories was so easy to install apps. I guess palm pre aint as open as they say it is.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    You guys aren't getting it. He wants to launch a site that has wallpapper and homebrew apps. And maybe even a daily article for those interested...and oh yeah, a place for people to put there comments...and well if you do comments, you can let people post their own threads in something like a forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by nxp3 View Post
    If there was a way to pick repository it might be helpful, but if I have to click on weblinks and download, root the pre, do some voodoo magic, and then get the program to install...then no. I had the Nokia n700, 800 and it ability to have multiple repositories was so easy to install apps. I guess palm pre aint as open as they say it is.
    The fact that SDK has been released and we are able to get apps on our Pre without having to wait for Palm to package it and release it as an official app makes the Pre VERY Open. We don't have to rely on palm to release an app or approve it for the App catalog where we would most likely have to pay for these awesome apps. Pre is Open to developers and open to users to install apps w/out having to go through Palm. maybe you are looking for someone from Palm to come over to your house read the instructions on

How to get Homebrew apps on Your Pre NRR & then hold your finger & help you click and drag a few files to get you going.

There is really no vooddo magic needed to install Homebrew apps on the pre.

I have installed all but 1 of my Homebrew apps from my Pre to my Pre. simple really 1 click + Copy, open Filecoaster or Preload and Paste click install and inside of 20-30 secs or less it is downloaded/installed and SHAZAAM its there.

and No you don't have to say "shazaam" or abracadabra. So no voodoo or funny stuff. NO ROOTING required for following Apps I have on my Phone. all installed from the pre no PC required.

Filecoaster-Gui app l;oader/installer
    Preload-All in one app loads files, apps, manages sounds wallpapers
    dkGooglevoice-dialer for google voice
    gDial pro-Google Voice dialer
    Magic 8Ball-uses accelerometer
    Soundboard-custom sounds
    MyNotification-change ringtones,notifications and alerts
    Geocache-geo-cache locator
    Goto-Go to way points
    Googy OS-Google App launcher
    PrePod-podcast loader/player
    Translator-Language translator
    Units-Unit converter
    Premed-med Apps
    Carpenters level- uses accelerometer
    Last edited by Addie_Goodvibes; 08/03/2009 at 04:34 PM.
    I've been calling for exactly this as well ... it doesn't seem to be generating as much interest as it should.

We need a site that helps to properly organize this stuff. A thread with an endless list of not-exactly-helpful app names isn't going to cut it ... the homebrew forum at this point just overloads the brain. We need a real repository.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by xcomputerman View Post
    I've been calling for exactly this as well ... it doesn't seem to be generating as much interest as it should.

We need a site that helps to properly organize this stuff. A thread with an endless list of not-exactly-helpful app names isn't going to cut it ... the homebrew forum at this point just overloads the brain. We need a real repository.
    My site is pretty well organized when it comes to homebrew apps... It basically uses the same categories that the official App Catalog uses. It can be changed whenever to make it better. It's still kinda rough around the edges, I'm still working on it. If anyone wants to use it, go ahead. It's free and doesnt have any annoying ads If not, then it's whatever. It'll be there for at least the next two years anyway lol
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    My site is pretty well organized when it comes to homebrew apps... It basically uses the same categories that the official App Catalog uses. It can be changed whenever to make it better. It's still kinda rough around the edges, I'm still working on it. If anyone wants to use it, go ahead. It's free and doesnt have any annoying ads If not, then it's whatever. It'll be there for at least the next two years anyway lol
    We're working on adding sources to PreLoad - want to talk about your site becoming one?

It would probably be a button on the main app to choose your repository, or something like that. Or, we could read from you and intermix into what's in ours, but credit your repo in the details of whatever file it is.

Email us a support@pimpmypre.com if you'd like to talk about it!
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
    Its a great idea! I'll have my stuff up on chirp soon!!
    Its a great idea! I'll have my stuff up on chirp soon!!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    This sounds great; but how / what is the exact address to input into PreLoad to add the repository? Also, does anybody know of a list of repositories that can be added into PreLoad? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by bricta33 View Post
    This sounds great; but how / what is the exact address to input into PreLoad to add the repository? Also, does anybody know of a list of repositories that can be added into PreLoad? Thanks!
    He/she will have to make a pckages file with the information from the repository so it can be added as a feed. We have a simple how to on webos group. I can even show them how to make it and set it up. I haven't received an email though.

For now you could post links to interesting tiem you find there in the file share section of PreLoad. That way everyone can download them.
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
    Quote Originally Posted by nxp3 View Post
    dude wake up this is way more open than anything else has ever been around these parts ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->