Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    OH MY GOD I AM SO PISSED.

I just went to Best Buy at lunch to talk to them abut the wobble I had going on. The manager of the store was who I met with. That jerk DROPPED MY PHONE and chipped the stupid thing and then proceeds to tell me that not only will he not replace it but that my Black Tie won't cover it?!!

What the hell can I do? My BRAND NEW PHONE IS CHIPPED just to the right of the screen right past the screen protector it came with.

I paid for Black tie and I have TEP. Do I really have to file a freaking insurance claim for this?!!!
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    I would go back and speak to the manager again then if they don't replace it call corporate and complain that he dropped the phone which chipped it. If they don't do it then contact the BBB and file a claim through them.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    I'd contact corporate at Best Buy and file a formal complaint against this *****.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    You just need to talk to go above Store managers head. Regional office, Corporate office... If he chipped it, they'll replace it.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    I would go back and speak to the manager again then if they don't replace it call corporate and complain that he dropped the phone which chipped it. If they don't do it then contact the BBB and file a claim through them.
    +1
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Without a picture to post here, it didn't happen ;-) Best Buy usually comes through in situations like this, especially since he is not denying that he dropped it.
    you definitely have a good case.
  8. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    He told me not to come back and waste his time, the most we can do is send to Palm for them to assess it because it's cosmetic and this is an 800$ phone.
  9. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I was told they have to replace it, on the spot in the first 30 days. I am going to a different store. I am so pissed.
  10. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gigaorg View Post
    Without a picture to post here, it didn't happen ;-) Best Buy usually comes through in situations like this, especially since he is not denying that he dropped it.
    LOL I'd take one if I had a way to do so!
    They have security camera footage. So assuming everything happened the way you say it did, that should get the ball moving.
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    He told me not to come back and waste his time, the most we can do is send to Palm for them to assess it because it's cosmetic and this is an 800$ phone.
    what an *******!!!
  13. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I just want the stupid thing replaced. I don't want any trouble. I want what I paid for, and I want them to honor how they sold that stupid black tie thing to me.
  14. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Ok I called the Regional Manager. And I quote:

If there was physical damage of any kind it has to be shipped in. Period. No on the spot replacement of any kind.
    Best Buy = sometimes good price, always worst service.

the end.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb

If there was physical damage of any kind it has to be shipped in. Period. No on the spot replacement of any kind.
    I am guessing you told them the damage was done by the BB employee?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo

Wow, what manager doesn't get that physical damage caused by their employee MIGHT just be an exception??
  18. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I am guessing you told them the damage was done by the BB employee?
    Yep. And he told me "that's the rule, I cannot bend it"

Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    Wow, what manager doesn't get that physical damage caused by their employee MIGHT just be an exception??
    One that's a ****** I guess. He told me that it will be sent out regardless.

Just my opinion, but I think you screwed up by leaving the store with a damaged phone, which was damaged by the manager. You should have gotten a corporate phone nunber to the managers boss and filed a complaint before leaving the store.

The damage done by the BB manager should be covered by BB and replaced on the spot.

You should have gotten at the very least, pictures of the damage and a statement by the manager that he dropped your phone and damaged it.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    OH MY GOD I AM SO PISSED.

I just went to Best Buy at lunch to talk to them abut the wobble I had going on. The manager of the store was who I met with. That jerk DROPPED MY PHONE and chipped the stupid thing and then proceeds to tell me that not only will he not replace it but that my Black Tie won't cover it?!!

What the hell can I do? My BRAND NEW PHONE IS CHIPPED just to the right of the screen right past the screen protector it came with.

I paid for Black tie and I have TEP. Do I really have to file a freaking insurance claim for this?!!!
    Hopefully the one questions you asked is rhetorical, because I'm sure you dind't come here for a resolution. That would be silly.

If the store manager dropped and broke it, and he refused to do anything, first call and find out who the general manager of the store is. Or better yet, if you have the backbone, ask him the name of the person he reports to, go to CS and ask for that person to be called to help you. I'll bet the goober that dropped it is just a shift manager or similar. I doubt the person solely responsible for the success of a single store is out on the floor helping customers. That person has enough problems dealing with goobers for employees.

Escalate to the person that has the authority. If you get any flack, call Customer Service and explain what happened. They're pretty good about getting results. And in this case, a new job opening at that store might be a possibility.

See what happens when we demand cheaper and cheaper stuff? Retail stores have to dredge the bottom in hopes that they can get employees that don't suck to much but will live with the penny's they can pay.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast