Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Which Best Buy store was this? I work at a Best Buy and unfortunately it is hit or miss with the kind of help you get.
    something doesn't seem 100% right here.. it would take someone of great a-holeness to seriously not replace a phone that they broke, whats even MORE funny is this.. The Manager could have easily placed it as a return, w/ notations of "The phone isn't working properly" and gave you another one, no problems, no questions asked, end of situation. The manager wouldn't be in-trouble, you'd get your phone replaced, etc.

To me, something more has happened.. The manager had a reason not to take this simple step. Like I said, He drops the phone>He puts it in the system as a defective unit>Gets you a brand new replacement>end of story. Bestbuy doesn't investigate a normal, defective return. If its a chip, its not going to be looked at as "User Error".

I could be wrong, but I've gone to Bestbuy and they have bent over backwards to work with me and fix things. I bought an open box car stereo.. it was missing the power adapter and pioneer wanted $140 for just that, I called in, the manager literally took one out of a brand new box and gave it to me.

Bestbuy has its downs, but its doing the best it can in most cases.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    if he doesnt want to talk to you in the store..........."talk" to him in the parking lot.llol.....then, you can do whatever your temper tells you to.lol
    Why were you even there in the first place, and why was he handling your phone?
  5. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
    something doesn't seem 100% right here.. it would take someone of great a-holeness to seriously not replace a phone that they broke, whats even MORE funny is this.. The Manager could have easily placed it as a return, w/ notations of "The phone isn't working properly" and gave you another one, no problems, no questions asked, end of situation. The manager wouldn't be in-trouble, you'd get your phone replaced, etc.

I could be wrong, but I've gone to Bestbuy and they have bent over backwards to work with me and fix things.
    I honestly thought "he's going to go into the cabinet and fix it and hope it never comes back". Nope. He hands it to me, tries to go on to sell an iPhone to some other guy, with me standing there, and the other guy was like "you can finish up with her first" and he said "there's nothing to finish up" Which is when I lost it. He told me that it was fine, cosmetic damage. Following the protocol for Black Tie. Nothing he can do. That said, my tirade was enough for iPhone guy to take off.

I live in the wrong area for them to bend over backwords. No one here gives a crap about the customer, at least not in any of the 4 stores in the radius of my house. Everyone wants something for nothing. You are wasting their time, you are just there to rip them off. Whatever. Learned my lesson. No more Best Buy. I knew better, I hate them as it is for other sundry issues in the past, and I still bought from them. He acted like a total ******, no responsibility. He was there when I bought it, and when I asked about discounts on accessories he gave me the death glare about how they don't do that, this isn't a Sprint store. The price on the rack is the price you pay. blah blah. Whatever. This frankly is not an isolated incident. I have nothing to lie about, so whether you believe me or not, I don't care. I should've known better.

It's been resolved. I have a new unit. Has one annoying pixel, I can live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheIowaKid View Post
    He was following protocol. I was in there for two reasons:
    1) why is my phone so wobbly and why won't my screen respond to my touch without me pushing super hard.
    2) I wanted to see if that rocketfish case could be put on using only one part (front part) since I bought touchstone.

All is taken care of. Phone replaced, we apologize for the delay.
    Well the important thing is its over and you have a new phone. If the pixel is stuck, try the videos on youtube for fixing them. Worked well for me!
  7. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    How do you know if it is stuck or bad? It just looks white and only shows on white backgrounds.
    that JERK!!! WHOOP HIS *** and get him fired
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIowaKid View Post
    Why don't you try reading her first post?
    Radio shack gave me the run around so I called Bank of America and started a reversal my phone is free great head phone jack still doesn't work
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    I would have broke one of there LCD's in the store and been like..."oh im sorry, i aint payin for ****" and walked out
    You should have chipped his tooth by dropping his face on the floor, and said "Oh sorry I'm not paying for that "
    Let's try to get the posts back on track.

Ame, how did you get it resolved? I am sorry if I missed it in the thread.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I had the same thing happen to me at a best buy in Columbus. However, the I spoke with the manager and they replaced my phone immediately.

But,

I think whoever wrote this thread is someone who works for a best buy competitor, be it whoever, and is just trying to build up bad sentiment towards best buy on this board. For example, the response he/she is claiming the manager said, something along ďdonít come back here and waste my time,Ē is completely atypical of what a sales rep, let alone a store manager would say. Iím surprised people didnít realize this earlier in the thread. I saw another thread like this the other day, I think in regards to one of the skins?????
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Okay.
    I'm having a hard time believing this as well.

First off, here's what I would have done.
    I would have stood there until I got a completely new phone or he somehow magically unchipped the phone.
    If he didn't do so, I would have spoken with the million other Best Buy employees and asked to see a Best Buy person with more power than the guy who dropped it.

If anything, I would not LEAVE the store and come on PreCentral and post a thread about my problem .
    If by some chance I was kicked out (though I'm quite a calm person), I would have called Best Buy Corporate or done something about the fact that somebody else broke your phone.

If the story is true, I hope you got it sorted out and learned not to leave a store where clearly somebody (in this case a "jerk manager") messed up your phone.
    If this story is not true, shame on you!

Edit: I also am not believing so quickly because everytime I go in or out of Best Buy things go my way. I agree with the post above me.
    Since the damage was done by another person and they won't make good on it you could file a police report for damage to personal property.

That should get everyone's attention. And you a new phone.

Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    OH MY GOD I AM SO PISSED.

I just went to Best Buy at lunch to talk to them abut the wobble I had going on. The manager of the store was who I met with. That jerk DROPPED MY PHONE and chipped the stupid thing and then proceeds to tell me that not only will he not replace it but that my Black Tie won't cover it?!!

What the hell can I do? My BRAND NEW PHONE IS CHIPPED just to the right of the screen right past the screen protector it came with.

I paid for Black tie and I have TEP. Do I really have to file a freaking insurance claim for this?!!!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by awcfy6 View Post
    I had the same thing happen to me at a best buy in Columbus. However, the I spoke with the manager and they replaced my phone immediately.

But,

I think whoever wrote this thread is someone who works for a best buy competitor, be it whoever, and is just trying to build up bad sentiment towards best buy on this board. For example, the response he/she is claiming the manager said, something along ďdonít come back here and waste my time,Ē is completely atypical of what a sales rep, let alone a store manager would say. Iím surprised people didnít realize this earlier in the thread. I saw another thread like this the other day, I think in regards to one of the skins?????
    Do you really think someone that has over 350 posts and has been a member since 2007 is really here to just cause trouble?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Ame- How did you get a replacement? Im glad it got resolved and we are all waiting to hear the rest of the story.
  19. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Let's try to get the posts back on track.

Ame, how did you get it resolved? I am sorry if I missed it in the thread.
    Really just complained enough to the right person, ie not him or his direct boss. They weren't in any hurry to help me. I eventually got someone to accept I was within my 30 days, that I was allowed one swap no questions asked. I shouldn't have to use my 30 day window for this, but as long as it's new, fine. Phone swapped, apology.

Quote Originally Posted by awcfy6 View Post

But,

I think whoever wrote this thread is someone who works for a best buy competitor, be it whoever, and is just trying to build up bad sentiment towards best buy on this board.
    I work in an office and run my own business. I don't work for a retail establishment, especially not one that deals in cell phones.

The manager was who I dealt with the whole time. There was no one there to discuss this issue with further, and he was acting like I was some kind of college kid, I am over 30, and I was not a raving *****. I do regret leaving, I do regret not making a bigger scene. For someone who is trained as management....he failed to handle the situation appropriately, simply repeating OVER AND OVER again that this is protocol and I am sorry that this is the way it works.

And for the record, I am a she.
    I had a bad run with a Best Buy manager for a laptop I purchased ~5 months ago.

He was a Jerk, but I'll save the drama.

So I DO believe in the merit of this story.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast