Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    You're right I probably did. I have no idea what to do. The touchscreen's not working right either.
    Leaving the store and filing a complaint might just put you out of luck. I agree with the above poster. That is pretty messed up and I would have been pretty loud about it. Good luck. Hopefully it works out.
    too bad to hear that... but w/ a chip caused by someone else... you might as well have a pretty paperw8
    I don't understand why you're still posting your complaint here, instead of calling the corporate office and then post an update.

Customer Service, Web Site, Store and General/Corporate Inquiries
    Best Buy Corporate Customer Care
    P.O. Box 9312
    Minneapolis , MN 55440
    1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289)
    This is total BS. If nothing else works, submit your experience with bestbuy and this clunk-head manager to Engadget. If they make a post about it, the whole world will know and the pressure will go on bestbuy and they will have to do something about it. These popular blogs such as engadget have more power than one might imagine.

Example: Engadget broke the back cover of the pre while testing it out. This reflected on a crappy build, so Palm flew a rep right away over to engadget with a new pre.

If you are lucky, i think engadget likes posting on these kinds of things! Just give it a try...contact engadget.
  6. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Ok both good ideas. I am on hold now.
    (310) 654-9916 this is the number to BB corp offices. You start calling them and you'll get a new phone I promise you. Just ask to speak to human resources.
    P.S. I'm a novice musician, please check out my work if you get a chance, thanks much.

http://www.youtube.com/user/2ndDayRiffs
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjain View Post
    This is total BS. If nothing else works, submit your experience with bestbuy and this clunk-head manager to Engadget.
    I'd send it to Consumerist, too. This is exactly the kind of poor service they highlight.
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
  9. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I spoke with corporate, they will "investigate further" and get back to me. There were many apologies and a reiteration of "this is the policy of this program, it's up to the store clerks to inform everyone of this" even though I said their employee did it.
    Do everything mentioned here, except if your story is false.

I don't know you, but do know that I've had many people come into my store asking to exchange or return a phone that had a screen cracked, and when I told them no they would scream and hollar about how I somehow broke it.

Ask for video footage, if he did indeed drop it it's on video.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    File a small claims suit against Sprint for the full retail cost of the Pre (~$750 I think), plus $20 / hr for all the time you've wasted on this. I bet Best Buy doesn't even show up and you win a default judgment. Then buy a new pre on eBay.

Dealing with Best Buy will only lead to more time wasted and frustration.

EDIT:

Sorry, Sprint == Best Buy. My mistake.
    Last edited by siogeek; 08/03/2009 at 03:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by siogeek View Post
    File a small claims suit against Sprint for the full retail cost of the Pre (~$750 I think), plus $20 / hr for all the time you've wasted on this. I bet Best Buy doesn't even show up and you win a default judgment. Then buy a new pre on eBay.

Dealing with Best Buy will only lead to more time wasted and frustration.
    Sprint has nothing to do with this.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    I apologize in advance if I am wrong but, I don't believe this story.
    If corporate doesn't come through, dispute the charge with your CC company and return the phone.
    You should have chipped his face!!!
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    call corporate. do what you have to do, but a new pre you should get.
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    call corporate. do what you have to do, but a new pre you should get.

I concur master yoda.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    I'd sleep with dude's wife or daughter (if he is an old ****er).
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewzer View Post
    I'd sleep with dude's wife or daughter (if he is an old ****er).
    I'd go even further!

Post a negative tweet!!!!! Give it to em!

BAD TWEET!
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    You just need to talk to go above Store managers head. Regional office, Corporate office... If he chipped it, they'll replace it.
    Glad someone else said it so I can simply back up the statement. When a local store manager does not act right, the regional manager is who you want to talk to. Odds of being disappointed after speaking to the regional manager are VERY low. And if that in store manager keeps their job after you chat with the regional manager, I'm sure they'll treat you MUCH nicer next time they see your face .

Simply insane. It does not matter what coverage you have, the manager broke your device. They broke it working as an agent of Best Buy. That means Best Buy owes you.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast