1.    #1  
    this started yesterday. Whenever I receive a text message from a friend, it shows up as a notification but when I go to the messaging application. There is nothing there. The name/number doesn't show up in the list. I've done resets and even removed the battery. If I send a message, I can see the whole log of our texts.
    Last edited by sjones302; 08/18/2010 at 09:07 AM.
    Have you tried rebooting your phone?
    I had this problem a couple of weeks ago. Solution = You need to do a partial reset. I know it sucks since you need to reload your contacts and everything else but that's the only way to get it back working. Let me know if that works for you.
    Maybe there are multiple bugs causing the save effect of lost threads in messaging, because rebooting has solved this for me a couple of times.
    ive had the same problem twice. and i could only fix it with a partial reset. a way to get around it is to open the messaging app and go to your list of conversations. nothing will be there, but if you type the first letter of their name (much like a universal search) the conversation will pop up.
    no need to reboot or partially erase! all you need to do is delete and re-add the contact that disappears and than re-add it and it will work again
    The Pre does WORK
    Hey, this same thing happened to my with my girlfriend!

I wonder if it's our girlfriends and not the phones?
  8.    #8  
    OK, erasing the contact did it. Thanks for all of your help!
    I erased the contact and it didn't work for me. Weird.
  10.    #10  
    my texting problem reappeared. It seems to be with all of my incoming texts now though. I don't want to delete all of my contacts. Are other people experiencing this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by sjones302 View Post
    my texting problem reappeared. It seems to be with all of my incoming texts now though. I don't want to delete all of my contacts. Are other people experiencing this issue?
    If you tried rebooting, do a partial erase. After that, you'll just need to sign back into your Palm Profile on your Pre and your contacts will reload themselves OTA. Everything that is in your PRE that you used as a USB (pictures, mp3's, even Palm memo's will reload, etc) will NOT be erased. That's why it's called a partial erase.
    Doesn't this happen when a conversation gets too long (like over 1,000 texts)? At any rate, it's another bug that Palm needs to fix in a software update.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    ok this just happened to me yesterday and i cant figure it out Just happened out of the blue. Its my wife messages that dont appear in the conversations. EVERYONE else appears except hers. i tried deleting her from gmail, from facebook and re inputting her back in the phone and she does not show up in the conversations. if i text her or she texts me i can see the whole history of our converstaions but when i go to converstaions, there is nothing there. i dont know what else to do.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milyo2000 View Post
    Hey, this same thing happened to my with my girlfriend!

I wonder if it's our girlfriends and not the phones?
    Maybe you and he have the same girlfriend.
    You started this thread to brag that you have a GIRLFRIEND, didn't you?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I just got my refurb...already a problem. I only can see the buddies tab. It wont go to the conversation side. Any ideas on that prob? Help!!!