1.    #1  
    Is there any way to delay the screen lock function ?...ie, lock after 3,4 or 5 minutes?
    As far as I know, at this point there aren't any adjustments we can make to the screen lock.

Personally, I would love to get rid of that "slide to unlock" feature. Seems redundant when I'm already pushing the button on top the phone to unlock it.
    The "slide to unlock" feature prevents the phone from turning on in your pocket and doing things you don't want it to do. It's there for a reason. Is it really that hard to "slide to unlock?" For crying out loud...
    I don't mind screen lock, having to drag up to answer a call gets on my nerves at times, but no big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    As far as I know, at this point there aren't any adjustments we can make to the screen lock.

Personally, I would love to get rid of that "slide to unlock" feature. Seems redundant when I'm already pushing the button on top the phone to unlock it.
    There will be times when your Pre will be bumped at the power button and would be let loose without your knowing. It's best to be safe then accidentally calling 911 in your pocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    There will be times when your Pre will be bumped at the power button and would be let loose without your knowing. It's best to be safe then accidentally calling 911 in your pocket.
    ... Did that the other day... All of a sudden I hear someone shouting "911 WHAT'S YOUR EMERGENCY?!" apparently I had also bumped it to speaker. Scared the hell out of me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Well, no 911 button to accidentally hit if you don't use PIN lock. Count me as another "what's the point of slide unlock". I've never accidentally turned on my Pre, and while it's no big deal to slide up, it does feel redundant and pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    Well, no 911 button to accidentally hit if you don't use PIN lock. Count me as another "what's the point of slide unlock". I've never accidentally turned on my Pre, and while it's no big deal to slide up, it does feel redundant and pointless.
    it's an awkward motion to make while holding the phone with one hand.

What are the odds that simply having the phone in my pocket would press the lock button at the top, launch the dialer, and then proceed to dial 9-1-1?
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post

If you just open your keyboard, it unlocks w/o having to touch the screen.
  10.    #10  
    thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    If you just open your keyboard, it unlocks w/o having to touch the screen.
    I know that, but most of the time, I don't need my keyboard to make a phone call.
    i would prefer clicking on the center button then "slide to unlock", instead of going up to the power button then back to the "slide to unlock"