1.    #1  
    Palm Support Community - Palm Support Community

We need to start posting our requests on palms website and demand some fixes.
    Palm is known for not updating their products when they are working on a new device. Also Apple releases software updates to improve all their devices, I don't see why Palm can't do the same.

This is what I posted so far:
    RFE: Basic Features We Loved In Previous Treos - webOS Software - Palm Support Community

Bug: Unversal Search & Facebook Picture contact after update. - webOS Software - Palm Support Community
    ??????

Sure there are things that still need to be done, but I would hardly call 1.0.2,1.0.3,1.0.4 and 1.1 "No or Slow" updates.
    I very much doubt that Palm needs us to tell them what to do. Today's Palm is a completely different company, run by different people. Further, all reports are that Palm is currently, right now, working on a new device, the EOS and yet we've been receiving updates.
    The speed of updates has not been a problem for most people I suspect. Glaring missing features such as video, poorly implemented features such as copy and paste, general UI slowness, lack of applications, abysmal battery life and poor hardware quality are the only problems I see.
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    The speed of updates has not been a problem for most people I suspect. Glaring missing features such as video, poorly implemented features such as copy and paste, general UI slowness, lack of applications, abysmal battery life and poor hardware quality are the only problems I see.
    Don't sugar coat it now.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    ??????

Sure there are things that still need to be done, but I would hardly call 1.0.2,1.0.3,1.0.4 and 1.1 "No or Slow" updates.
    What he said.. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    Ahhh yes. Another "I don't care what the thread is really about, I'm going to throw in my complaints about everything else" post. Who would have thought it could happen.

OP - Actually, I'm pretty content with the updates. As has been pointed out, this isnt' the same Palm that we've seen in the past.
    Updates have been coming out quicker for this than my ipod touch updates came. I like the speed of the updates and look forward to the next one!
    Let's see we've had the phone out for 3 days under 2 months, and there have already been 4 updates. So an update every 2 weeks is slow?
    No complaints about updates here. Apple is only on 3.0.1 and only because of a security update, we've already gotten a new revision and numerous performance enhancements.
    Quote Originally Posted by phillysdon04 View Post
    Palm Support Community - Palm Support Community

We need to start posting our requests on palms website and demand some fixes.
    Palm is known for not updating their products when they are working on a new device. Also Apple releases software updates to improve all their devices, I don't see why Palm can't do the same.

This is what I posted so far:
    RFE: Basic Features We Loved In Previous Treos - webOS Software - Palm Support Community

Bug: Unversal Search & Facebook Picture contact after update. - webOS Software - Palm Support Community
    Possibly a quarter of your stated issues are barely bugs that you need to demand a fix for. I work for a software company and real issues have to be prioritized. So I'll tell you that some of the issues that you and others claim as serious issues, are really not.

Many of the items on your list may not be resolved even in a 2.0 release, if ever, so if you're really not going to be satisfied with the Palm then there's always other phones that may be more to your liking.

For me and many others, praise should be given to Palm for coming out with periodic releases. We could hope for an update to be released 3 times per day, everyday, but that's not going to happen. Palm is not sitting idly with the Pre and they have a purpose for their current release model.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    I am quite happy with it as well. I would be happy if they fixed a few bugs like the birthday months is a software "bug" (and no battery life/lack of video is not a bug) and made the software bit more repeatable. So if we have problems we can quantitatively figure out whats going on even if its not fixable. And I am sure they working on it so no worries.
    IMO, people who bought this phone should have expected some issues. It happens with first editions, especially first edition OS, and just learn to be patient. Good things will come with time.
  13.    #13  
    I listed the universal search not working properly with Google Maps and Facebook contacts not being able to sync as the BUGS. The request for enhancement (RFE) where the other things I listed that I wish they would add without us having to root our Pre's.