1.    #1  
    I guess i'm looking for a cord to use my pre like an ipod. Is this possible?? thnx
    You need a Double ended male 3.5 M cable. Then you can plug it in any stero port
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBorden629 View Post
    You need a Double ended male 3.5 M cable. Then you can plug it in any stero port
    Ditto.

I have a Zen Vision:M in my truck with audio piped through the audio input of the DVD entertainment center and when I tested my Pre I realized that for the first time, I saw the benefit to large storage phones. If the Pre was 20-30Gb I could replace the Zen. Only issue is that the audio cable come through the dash behind the cradle mounted for the Zen and the Pre will be on a Touchstone hardwired on the console. But I think I'll still use it for Pandora.
  4.    #4  
    cool thanks.
    i use it in my car. the microphone on the pre is strong enough so you can take a call with the pre on your lap and route the call through your car stereo. Hands free with a 3.5mm cable and your own car stereo!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    i use it in my car. the microphone on the pre is strong enough so you can take a call with the pre on your lap and route the call through your car stereo. Hands free with a 3.5mm cable and your own car stereo!
    You're not kidding.

I've tested and still haven't gotten the Pre far enough away that it doesn't sound great! Even laying it in the other seat in a loud rattly diesel with the windows open. The Pre's mic is pretty amazing.

I put it in the cup holder and my daughter and I had a goofy conversation leaving a VM at home while driving down the road to see how it sounded. Did I mentioned how amazing it is?
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Also worth noting that the other type of cord you may need is a male 3.5" to a split audio component cable (red and white ends). Some devices or stereos do not have the aux in slot, but do have component in.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    does anyone have a picture or can anyone tell me where to get this cable. I have an ipod ready pioneer in-dash head unit and would love to be able to listen to music and take calls through my car stereo.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dubbeditup View Post

Does anyone have a picture or can anyone tell me where to get this cable?
    Something like this would be perfect:

Amazon.com: Scosche IU3.5RC 3.5mm Retractable Cable

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    ^ thats exactly what you need. or just ask for an "auxiliary cable" at any computer/audio store and your set.
    and I've been using it in my car as well. I listen to Pandora while driving, take calls through it and even have GPS running sometimes. All work great. I was especially surprised with the power of the mic because I leave the phone in the cup holder or next seat and its still good.
    I hook my Pre up to the home A/V system using a 3.5 mm to stereo RCA audio cord. It is from Radio Shack and is 7' long. It is awesome to have 'cause then I can listen to my music from my Pre anywhere/everywhere on the ground floor (speakers built into the living room, kitchen, sunroom, outside deck, and also wireless speakers to bring elsewhere outside).