1.    #1  
    Over the weekend I was out of town with no reception. When I got back into cell range, I had a new notification. It says, "incorrect password for gmail account (in contacts). When I tap it, it brings me to the change login setting for my contacts. I have typed in my gmail login and it says that the user name and password don't match. My contacts are syncing with gmail, and I'm getting my calendar and email fine also. I just can't get the notification to go away. Called tech support...no help. Deleted my gmail account and reset...didn't work. Restarted the phone...didn't work. I'm new to smartphones and this is all pretty much over my head. Any other ideas? Anyone else getting this notification?
    Perhaps a stupid question, but have you "dismissed" the original notification that you received when you were out of coverage...by swiping it to the right?
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I had the same problem after roaming. Everything still worked fine for about three days then Gmail quit working... I logged into google from my computer and it told me my gmail password wasn't secure enough so I changed my password online and then updated the new password on my phone for contact/calender syncing and then updated my gmail password on my phone as well and it hasn't happened again.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I have the same problem with my hotmail account. I finally gave up on hotmail, created a gmail account, deleted my hotmail account from the Pre and set up gmail to just download all the hotmail emails. Now my Pre still says I have an incorrect hotmail password and I have no hotmail accounts on my phone! Soft reset is no help, swiping or dismissing the message is no help, typing the password back in after clicking on the message was no help when the hotmail account was still on the phone. I thought it might even be a wifi issue so I disconnected from wifi for several days and the issue persisted. It wouldn't be such a big deal if the message didn't keep popping up all the time including during phone calls!
    I had the same problem on my first Pre. Just remove the account and add it back.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I removed the hotmail account and still got the message with no email account on the phone. I added a gmail acount and only a gmail account and still got the message about the hotmail account. I changed the password with hotmail to a more complex password and then readded hotmail with the more complex password to the Pre. Still got the incorrect password message. The crazy part is the email account works perfectly, so the password is correct, the Pre just keeps sending an incorrect password message. I redeleted the hotmail account and still kee getting the message. I have also done soft and hard resets all through the process. Tried with and without wifi etc. Anyone have any other suggestions to try?
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jameswerk View Post
    I removed the hotmail account and still got the message with no email account on the phone. I added a gmail acount and only a gmail account and still got the message about the hotmail account. I changed the password with hotmail to a more complex password and then readded hotmail with the more complex password to the Pre. Still got the incorrect password message. The crazy part is the email account works perfectly, so the password is correct, the Pre just keeps sending an incorrect password message. I redeleted the hotmail account and still kee getting the message. I have also done soft and hard resets all through the process. Tried with and without wifi etc. Anyone have any other suggestions to try?
    You could always use WebOS Doctor available on the Palm site to reinstall your OS. The only other thing I can think of is if you have your hotmail account involved in messaging or if there's an issue with gMail checking your HotMail?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I think I found the fix. The message says that there is an incorrect password for your hotmail account, but it isn't talking about the email application hotmail account. I finally noticed that when you click on the incorrect message and it takes you to the email address and password page, if you look up in the upper left hand corner it shows a tab for calendar. So that explains why the email was functioning properly. The email application didn't have a problem it was the calendar application. I deleted the hotmail account from the calendar application and this seems to have fixed the problem.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Gmail requires "authentication" from time to time. Just have to sign in from pc or the actual gmail site from your phone. It will have you login using their authentication. Once you do then phone gmail will work. Used to happen all the time with my touch as well.