1.    #1  
    I was trying to post pictures from my photobucket to a thread on the forum through my phone. I had two browser cards open. When you switch from card to card it will refresh the page by it self. Thus erasing everything I have typed. If you hit the back key it will load a white page and you have to reopen a browser card to access the page again. Anyone else run into this issue?? Its quite annoying. I hope it is fixed in an update.
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

The issue I am having is.. I have one ONLY card open sometimes when I'm checking my pages.. And all of a sudden I get an alett saying I have multiple cards open.. Then it refreshes and closes the cards or makes me loose any data I was putting in
    It is annoying to have some cards open and go back to a browser card only to see it reload. That's not multitasking. And defeats the purpose of keeping it open.
    I have had both of these issues, very anoying
    My device history. Casio A-10/Cassiopeia E-100/PPC6600/PPC6700/700wx/Moto Q/PPC6700/Mogul/Touch/Mogul/700wx/800w/Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/Palm Pre/Touch Pro
  5.    #5  
    I hope they fix this
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic

RIP

This sounds like a special circumstance because I many times a day enter text in a field in the browser and do not have this problem. My guess this is perhaps related to the page(s) being visited that may be the cause. Please provide URLs for the sites that this is happening on perhaps people can help identify where the problem is. I see a lot of claims on bugs that I have not been able to reproduce in fact far too many so I have drawn the conclusion people are being too quick to place blame on palm when it may not even be a problem with their part of things.
    Yeah i've had this happen...and also have not had this happen....soo weird.

Here is another thing i noticed, if you have the menu open on one card, you can not open the menu on the other card.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    This sounds like a special circumstance because I many times a day enter text in a field in the browser and do not have this problem. My guess this is perhaps related to the page(s) being visited that may be the cause. Please provide URLs for the sites that this is happening on perhaps people can help identify where the problem is. I see a lot of claims on bugs that I have not been able to reproduce in fact far too many so I have drawn the conclusion people are being too quick to place blame on palm when it may not even be a problem with their part of things.
    urls : precentral.net and photobucket.com
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic

RIP

Yeo, I've had spontaneous resets too. I think it's due to a memory leak that's still with us in the browser.
    This happens when there is not enough memory to leave the page open. Hard to predict when.

Usually closing all cards frees up all memory and then you can try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by glamisfanatic View Post
    urls : precentral.net and photobucket.com
    Full or mobile versions? Until I'm able to try and reproduce the problem I'm inclined to think as the poster just above me that it may involve a memory leak and so the pre can't retain the web page in memory and is refreshing it as a result.
    Quote Originally Posted by D818 View Post
    The issue I am having is.. I have one ONLY card open sometimes when I'm checking my pages.. And all of a sudden I get an alett saying I have multiple cards open.. Then it refreshes and closes the cards or makes me loose any data I was putting in
    This has even happened to me when trying to open a card even when no cards are open. The only thing I have found to do at that point is turn off the phone. It never happened to me before the 1.1 and now happens daily. Not sure what is going on, but at the same time glad to see that I am not the only one.
    +1

Same here, I have not had this happen (where the page refreshes by itself) and I use the web browser a lot. Makes me wonder if people are not hitting the refresh button by mistake when switching between cards. I will try to reproduce this.
  14.    #14  
    Full or mobile versions? Until I'm able to try and reproduce the problem I'm inclined to think as the poster just above me that it may involve a memory leak and so the pre can't retain the web page in memory and is refreshing it as a result.
    Full HTML version

Everyonce in a while i will get that error that says I have to many cards open, and usually its only two browser cards and a third random app
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic

RIP

How are you guys switching between cards? Using the center button or using a full gesture swipe?
    Quote Originally Posted by glamisfanatic View Post
    Full HTML version

Everyonce in a while i will get that error that says I have to many cards open, and usually its only two browser cards and a third random app
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeneva4U View Post
    This has even happened to me when trying to open a card even when no cards are open. The only thing I have found to do at that point is turn off the phone. It never happened to me before the 1.1 and now happens daily. Not sure what is going on, but at the same time glad to see that I am not the only one.
    Definite signs of a memory leak. Of course not nearly as easy to identify the source as it is to diagnose that it is happening. I just visited both photobucket and precentral full sites, went to a thread typed up a bunch of text switch to the photobucket card typed in some text into a field there and copy pasted it to the forum entry switched back and forth about half dozen times and the text remained no refreshing occurred. The beginning steps to see what is causing the memory leak is to list all the apps that are installed and what ones are running with background activity and what ones you run between the time of a reboot to the time the issue occurs.
    I too am having this problem. If I load a link in a new card, like an article I want to read without leaving a website's main page, then if I flick back to the first card after a minute or two it refreshes as soon as I give that card focus again. Very annoying.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I think the fact that a "Too many cards" error message exists in the first place says that the browser should not have been coded to behave this way. If I leave a page open, just keep it in memory. If webos needs more memory to open a new app, just throw up the "throw away cards" error and let the user decide which pages they are done with.

Hell, you could even switch into card view for the user, showing the % of memory each card is using above it. You could say to yourself "engadget is using 30% of my memory! I'll throw that away."
    wow i cant use full gesture swipes to switch from card to card anymore ??? it just wont work lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    don't you love having a phone that puts you through grief while you're using it.

it's almost better than having children.

how you liking those uncapitalized letters at the beginning of each sentence?

prprpr&#$275$; $sure$ $is$ $a$ $great$ $phone$.

the browser is barely usable since 1.3.1.

forget about having two browser cards open, doesn't work hardly ever.

you know what I've noticed in this forum lately?

the fan boys don't have much to say anymore. Maybe they're annoyed as the rest of us.

I still like me prprpr&#$275$; $and$ $I$'$ll$ $stick$ $around$ $until$ $June$. $Hopefully$ $this$ $phone$ $won$'$t$ $suck$ $so$ $much$.