Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    This seems like it should have been a no-brainer for the Pre, but so far I feel like I'm missing out on some rudimentary features in the notifications department.

    When will we get Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, etc. notifications? Do we need to wait for new apps to be released? I know Tweed notifies you if you have new tweets, but only if Tweed is open in a card.

    I think it's awesome that we can have multiple "cards" open to easily switch between applications and web pages, but are we also going to be able to run certain programs in the background?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    When will we get Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, etc. notifications? Do we need to wait for new apps to be released?
    Well, I know it's not the same, but you can set Facebook to send you texts when you get notifications....it's not perfect, but it may save battery life by not routinely pinging out to FB.


    I know Tweed notifies you if you have new tweets, but only if Tweed is open in a card.
    Really? I could have sworn Tweed worked in the background, even if the card was closed. I could certainly be wrong, though. I don't really have an interest in getting each new Tweet.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    .
    Really? I could have sworn Tweed worked in the background, even if the card was closed. I could certainly be wrong, though. I don't really have an interest in getting each new Tweet.
    I could be wrong, but I remember it working that way before 1.1

    Now I only get that notification if I'm using Tweed.
  4. #4  
    I've never been able to get the Tweed notifications to work correctly but that is not a Palm issue it is with the developer where there is the problem.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by theChrisLake View Post
    I've never been able to get the Tweed notifications to work correctly but that is not a Palm issue it is with the developer where there is the problem.
    Tweed worked fine for me. Im using Twee now and it does notifications also.
  6. #6  
    Tweed works just fine in the background, with or without a card being open. I haven't had any issues with it. Twee works very well also.
  7. #7  
    Ok I have a question I just got a palm pre and i'm really inexperienced with doing all this technical stuff but I saw this prebrew installer thing so I downloaded it onto my computer and everything it running fine and i put the app my notifications on my phone that was simple but now it seems as though i can't get any of the sounds for my original notifications to work and the my notifications isnt working either so what do i do i'm stuck?!?! And also i'm planning on deleting prebrew will that damage the computer?
    :Answers and help would be very much appreciated.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by temperamentalman View Post
    Tweed works just fine in the background, with or without a card being open. I haven't had any issues with it. Twee works very well also.
    ditto

Posting Permissions