Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I recently converted a few videos using handbrake. The first movie went perfectly. I used 960 bitrate, set picture to 480x320. x264 encoder. converted to mp4. Again the first movie installed and played perfectly. I went to convert a 2nd movie and now all of a sudden none of my movies will load. I get an error that says: "Error. There was an error playing the file."

Even the first movie gets the error and I've watched it several times (well, parts of it). Anybody have an idea of what would cause all my videos to get errors? This happens with full sized movies and the old vids I imported from my Instinct (they all worked perfectly in the past too.)

I haven't added any apps or programs. It just started happening all of a sudden today. A restart didn't solve it. Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    OK, after fiddling around with it some more, it seems to just be a file error. If I open up the video mode and go straight to another video, they all play just fine. However, if I open the bad file, close out the error and THEN try to open any of the other videos, I get that same error. Not sure what's up with that.

In my first video, I ripped the movie to my PC before converting it. In this second video, I converted straight from the DVD. So I'll try going that route to see if it works. I'll keep you guys posted.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    OK nevermind. It was a settings issue. I thought I was using the same settings for the new vid, but didn't change the codec to MP4. Problem solved.