Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I put multiple spaces in texts all the time, and it would be annoying if it started popping up periods instead... but I wouldn't mind if it was an option.

If we started making tons of options for all these features, this OS would become as complicated and buggy as WM, so pick your battles, guys.
    no 'Thanks'
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    If we started making tons of options for all these features, this OS would become as complicated and buggy as WM, so pick your battles, guys.
    I do like the idea of having the feature, but certainly agree with that. Not worth battling over.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    It seems like no matter what is done, people will find something they don't like about it. You know the saying, you can't please everyone..... IMO, this is a very trivial thing to complain about. I think there is bigger fish to fry right now on the pre besides not getting a period after hitting space twice. Like others have said, the period is what, 1/8th inch away. Maybe not everyone wants this so they didn't put it in. I would rather they work on getting rid of notifications blasting my ear when I'm on a phone call. It's just my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by postalUT View Post
    One thing that really bothers me coming from blackberry and iphone is that when you double tap the space bar, it does not automatically write in a period. This is really useful to me when writing emails. Is there a way to enable this? I've already looked through webos-internal patch list.
    This isnt really a "function" that was left out. All this is is a habit that people got from other phones. Ive never used a phone that has the double tap for a period and honestly i think it would be weird. This is moreso a preference.
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    Just a matter of muscle memory and preference. It's not like adding it negatively affects anyone or anything else.
    But even little features like this end up burning a lot of time in testing and development. First there's the base functionality and just making sure that works in all of the places that you expect it to. Ok. That still takes more effort than you would think, but fine.

Then you have to put the preference setting somewhere, and then you see that there's no current place that totally makes sense where that sort of system level setting should live. So now you need a new app for 'editor preferences' or they decide it's time to make one big preferences app and fold all of the other ones (sounds, time, bluetooth, location, etc) underneath one master Preferences thing, so now you have a bunch of design guys working through what that should look like.

All of this for one silly feature that didn't need to exist in the first place because they actually put a dedicated period right next to the key that you're asking about. One bad design decision shouldn't have to become a universal feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by postalUT View Post
    ... I wasn't complaining so much asking if anyone had figured out a way to do it....
    Quote Originally Posted by postalUT
    One thing that really bothers me coming from blackberry and iphone is that when you double tap the space bar, it does not automatically write in a period.
    Sure seems like a complaint to me...
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Right when I though it was safe to get in the water...

4 pages to discuss a period and spaces - now I remember why I stopped visiting this forum...

Seeya'll in a few months...
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234