Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Amazon recently created their cell phone and service shop. Today they added the Pre!

If you’d rather not head down to a Sprint (NYSE: S) store, talk to a Sprint representative or purchase easily via Sprint.com, Amazon is now another option for your Palm (NSDQ: PALM) Pre purchasing needs. As of yesterday, Amazon.com has the Palm Pre up-for-grabs for $199.99 on a new service plan with Sprint.

To check it out for yourself, simply head on over to Amazon, and punch in your Zip Code on the right hand side of the site to check availability. I just ran my standard ‘90210′ zip check, and yep, the Pre is available for all the good folks in Beverly Hills.

You can also pick up the Pre from Amazon without a service plan for $499.99.

Sunday Shopping: Palm Pre Now on Sale at Amazon.com for $199.99
    Good news for Palm, and Amazon. But one of Amazon's great points is that you get things cheaper. At $199, it's not cheaper.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fscott55 View Post
    Good news for Palm, and Amazon. But one of Amazon's great points is that you get things cheaper. At $199, it's not cheaper.
    It would be for me. No sales tax. And it says nothing about a rebate either, so it's the same as Best Buy. Besides which they're not going to discount a brand new device. Eventually, but not yet.
    So are you saying that if I buy my Pre from Best Buy, I can get it for $199 and not have to deal with the rebate issue? I'd much rather pay $199 out of pocket than $299.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmcoch View Post
    So are you saying that if I buy my Pre from Best Buy, I can get it for $199 and not have to deal with the rebate issue? I'd much rather pay $199 out of pocket than $299.

Thanks!
    Yes. If you can find any available there. However, you will pay sales tax. Depending on your state, that's a consideration.