1.    #1  
    One of my email messages displays with red text in the Inbox list, and when I open it, it has a red banner for the subject line (instead of blue). Other messages from the same sender appear as normal. I've looked at it in GMail and it looks like a normal message. What does this indicate?

red-email.jpg

Thanks
    Well it's a payment confirmation...either the sender marked this email as urgent, or it might have sensitve/secure info in it? I am kinda leaning towards the urgent thing.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Could be be that it was sent flagged as priority?
    It's flagged as a high priority email.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatMatthew View Post
    One of my email messages displays with red text in the Inbox list, and when I open it, it has a red banner for the subject line (instead of blue). Other messages from the same sender appear as normal. I've looked at it in GMail and it looks like a normal message. What does this indicate?

red-email.jpg

Thanks
    maybe bc its an important email?
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    I just tested on and setting priority to High didn't do it. Neither did a return receipt request.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    It's to indicate emails that are flagged as urgent.
    All of my high priority emails display like this.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    ^ Ditto.
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for the replies, guys! I figured it was High Priority, but it could mean it was encrypted or a bad security certificate or other security warning.

After you replied I figured out how to look at the message headers and it showd "X-Priority: 1", which is high priority. I also composed a new message and changed its priority to High. The subject line turned red. I think that confirms what you all said.

Thanks again to all of you!