1.    #1  
    Just returned from 4-day vacation at Disneyland. While in line struck up conversations with people who had Pres (little instant 'bonding'). What struck me was that everyone loved their Pres, but did not know anything about the Touchstone charger. After describing the 'wow' factor (elegance, convenience), everyone was ready to rush to buy one. There was one person whose entire family had switched over from AT&T and they all had Pres. Told them that they just needed to buy back covers for some of them.

None of these people were ever shown the Touchstone at point of sale nor had they seen it advertised Get with it Palm!! Right now, that is one of your big selling points
    Last edited by Sunshine Hom; 08/02/2009 at 12:11 PM.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I love my touchstone... I tell all my pre friends about it:

1. So easy to tell the time at night.
    2. I don't have to play with that little door thing anymore.
    3. Really fast charge time
    4. Battery door is more durable to scratches, and no finger prints.

( I could go on but I'll stop there)
    Similar story...I went to Disney World recently and while standing in line for a ride, the lady in front of me turned around because she heard the familiar chime when I was getting messages. We chatted for a short time about how much we like our Pre's.
    Hi i was at disney the second to last week of july also. i loved my pre on vacation gps was great and the dining apps helped alot and here are just some pics that i took with my pre
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Unfortunate that you don't have many options for notifications on the Pre. Hopefully a future OS will address that issue. One thing that I like about my BB, made my own ringtones. When my BB goes off I don't see 3 or 4 people around me reaching for their phones.

By the way Disney Rock's, love how my brother is maintenance there. I can't afford the trips there otherwise.
    ˙soə ɹoɟ ƃuıʇıɐʍ ɹəllıʞ "ʇɔuıʇsuı" uɐ ʇuɐʍ ʇsnɾ ı ˙ɹəllıʞ "əuoɥdı" uɐ əq oʇ "ēɹd" ɹoɟ ƃuıʞool ʇou
    i havent seen anyone with a pre here in miami....my gf was gonna get one but she has no money to spend yet...im probably gonna have to buy her one for christmas...yay!!!
    Any more Disney pics? This is a new wallpaper for me.

Thanks!!!!
    I saw a few at WDW we were there from June 16th- 26th . I have to say the TouchStone was great and kept me topped off the entire trip.

I agree they really need to talk this stuff up I knew about it but decided not to go with it at first on launch day. After great reports here and a 25% off card i went back and got one. Since then I got another for my Cars

my Avie is from our trip. I did a lot of live streaming from the parks and the Pre worked great with Tweed to keep those updated to where I was.

If you a Disney Fan you should checkout EyesonEars.com
    Here's one I took while at Disneyland a month ago. I had just gotten my Pre at the time.

Toon Town

Aleks
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Now I am craving a trip to Disney, and my weekend is over.
    ˙soə ɹoɟ ƃuıʇıɐʍ ɹəllıʞ "ʇɔuıʇsuı" uɐ ʇuɐʍ ʇsnɾ ı ˙ɹəllıʞ "əuoɥdı" uɐ əq oʇ "ēɹd" ɹoɟ ƃuıʞool ʇou
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    The family and I are going down sometime this fall or winter to WDW. My only real concern was the battery on the Pre lasting me all day while I'm there (We're talking park opening to closing). Hopefully before then Seidio will have the touchstone compatable door for their big battery.
    I'm nowhere near Orlando in the summer (which down here is way past September); IMO the parks are much more enjoyable in the fall/winter.

Great pics, BTW. Can you post the fireworks again, but w/o thumbnails?
    Quote Originally Posted by dhcalva View Post
    The family and I are going down sometime this fall or winter to WDW. My only real concern was the battery on the Pre lasting me all day while I'm there (We're talking park opening to closing). Hopefully before then Seidio will have the touchstone compatable door for their big battery.
    Get a spare Centro battery on eBay. I've taken the Pre to the beach and a 2nd battery works great to stream Pandora (or your local mp3 collection) and external speakers.

There's a kit on eBay with a travel AC charger and 2 Centro batteries.
    I was at Disneyland last weekend and had a great experience with battery life. Here's what I had posted in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by guidoracer View Post
    Just got back from a day at Disneyland with the kids. Even in a location with spotty coverage (Disneyland at Anaheim, CA), my battery life was excellent.

Took the phone off the charger from an overnight charge (Blackberry 700mAH charger) and left the house at 6:55a. Used texting all day as primary form of communication with kids at different rides at Disneyland and California Adventure, but also made a few two-minute calls. Received about 6 pieces of e-mail throughout the day. Loaded only a couple of web pages the whole day, so practically no browser use and no multimedia use at all. Arrived at home 12:04a with 51% battery left.

I'm sure that if I had done some significant web browsing listened to a few songs, the results would have been significantly different. But for strictly phone use, the battery held up just fine.
    Oh, and my alert tone is set to the Star Tours chimes, so it blended right into the Disneyland atmosphere.
    Aha! Maybe that's why Palm hasn't let us change the tone (sans homebrew) - so we can bond with all the other Pre owners when the ding-a-ling rings!

Another Disney (World) fan here! The only feature that is lacking on the Pre for a Disney trip is the ability to upload pics to Facebook folders (other than the mobile folder, I mean) and comment on them. My last trip I did a "Live from Disney World" photo album on Facebook via my Centro and it was easy using the Facebook app made for Palm OS/the Centro. I uploaded the photos right to my "Live from Disney World" album and then made comments on what each photo was of.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dhcalva View Post
    You should be good if you just leave your phone in your pocket and don't use it much. However, there is always an exception. Animal Kingdom doesn't have hardly any cell service and your phone will burn through a battery so fast trying to stay on the network. Bring an extra battery that day.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I don't anticipate using the phone much at all there, other than if work has to get in contact with me or I need to make dining reservations or something.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    I went to Disneyland two weeks ago and was lovin' my Pre! The hotel had free internet but not wifi, so I was using the Pre when I didn't feel like sitting at the table using the laptop. Used it to take pictures of the characters, find places to eat, get directions to the hotel, etc.

I just made sure I charged it every night!

Being me has its advantages.

-- Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Last week they announced Disneyland revenue was down 9%.
    Yesterday they raised ticket prices to $72 per park and Annual Pass up $40

I have an annual pass expiring soon and I won't be renewing. But, here's my pics anyway.