1.    #1  
    I just ordered my pre and have the total protection plan with sprint on my plan. Do I need the separate insurance plan for the pre? thanks
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    yea i think you have to purchase the insurance serparately so if you lose or damage your phone you pay 100 dollars and they send you a new one
  3.    #3  
    So is there any point to keeping Total Equipment Protection through Sprint, or can I drop that while I have this phone?
    Yes, keep TEP. That's all you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by fryc86 View Post
    I just ordered my pre and have the total protection plan with sprint on my plan. Do I need the separate insurance plan for the pre? thanks
    "Total Equipment Protection" IS the insurance for your Pre. If you have that, then there is no need for any other insurance.
    u need tep for each individual phone on ur plan.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PookieEastwood View Post
    u need tep for each individual phone on ur plan.
    You must not be on a Pre and don't have a full working keyboard to use. Otherwise you'd be typing not texting.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fryc86 View Post
    TEP is the insurance. Did you not talk about that when you ordered it? SPrint would be the best ones to ask the question too since they can make changes, if needed, to your plan.
    TEP is the way to go.

If you buy your phone at Best Buy, do NOT get their insurance coverage. It is $9.95/mo and doesn't include theft or loss coverage and they will try to fix your Pre in-house before sending it to the manufacturer or giving you a replacement.

No thanks!